MONDAY 11:30 PM: Tonight I’ve just been informed by a reliable source that “Capitol Films just had another movie shut down” — identified as An Invisible Sign Of My Own featuring America Ferrera, the star of ABC’s hit show Ugly Betty. It looks increasingly like a Capitol-sparked meltdown is happening in the indie film market, just as my sources feared. I’ll continue to follow this breaking story… So add her name to the star actors and directors like John Cusack, Helen Mirren, Gina Gershon, Joe Pesci, Jan de Bont, and Taylor Hackford whom I’ve learned have been, and Jennifer Lopez with writer-helmer Don Roos may be soon, affected by this cash crunch surrounding Capitol Films. So it wasn’t just Jessica Biel and Jake Gyllenhaal and David O. Russell. “This is a big story that involves many projects,” one of my sources informs. All the details are here in my post that explains what’s really going on…
- 5TH UPDATE: ‘Nailed’ Tip Of The Iceberg: Capitol’s Money Woes On More Films
- 4TH UPDATE: ‘Nailed’ Production Resumed; More Capitol Films Suffered
- 3RD UPDATE: David O. Russell Film Drama
- 2ND UPDATE: SAG Shuts Down Russell Film; Jessica & Jake Stand By
- EXCLUSIVE: David O. Russell Film Drama! Jessica Biel & Jake Gyllenhaal Sidelined
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.