Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Roars To $15.3M Thursday Night – Friday AM Update
- Christopher Plummer Crosses 'Boundaries'; Eugene Jarecki Drives 'The King' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Sicario: Day Of The Soldado’ Nabs Day-And-Date Saudi Arabia Release
- MoviePass The Morning After AMC’s $20/Month Ticket Program: $164M Bond Sale, Surge Pricing & More
- MoviePass’ Reaction To AMC’s New Ticket Sub Plan? Sour Grapes & Smack Talk
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM