• We will make a comprehensive proposal on compensation, working conditions and residuals our members should receive when they work on programs made for new media. Our proposal also recognizes the economics of producing for various new media formats and enables our employers to compete in this new space.
• Our proposals contain an equitable and simple answer to the question of how producers should pay residuals when television programs and theatrical motion pictures are exhibited on new media formats
MINIMUMS & RESIDUALS
• We will propose increases in all minimums.
• We will propose a long overdue increase to the DVD/Home Video formula.
MAJOR ROLE ACTORS
• A number of our proposals are for improvements designed to benefit Major Role actors (featured, guest stars, weekly players, etc.), whose ability to make a living has been increasingly diminished by cost-cutting industry practices.
• We will also make proposals designed to rectify the historic inequities faced by background actors, whose contributions continue to be inadequately recognized in our contract.
PENSION & HEALTH
• We will propose increased employer contributions to provide funding for improved benefits.
• We will address the alarming trend of “forced endorsement” which has taken product placement to the next level by requiring members to do uncompensated commercials embedded in scripted content.
STANDARDS & PROTECTIONS
• We have addressed in our proposals the need to monitor and enforce any deal we make and ensure that performers are being paid based on the fair market value of the programs they help bring to life. We are seeking improvements and protections for young performers, stunt performers, performers with disabilities, dancers and others.