C’mon, wasn’t this inevitable? Sources have told me that an East Coast law firm has hired a Century City law firm to pursue a possible lawsuit on behalf of one child, and maybe more, who were injured during the reality show Kid Nation. I’m told that CBS has been handling this dispute super-confidentially with in-house counsel and have twice tried to mediate it outside of the courts. But insiders tell me the sides are very far apart on money: CBS wants to pay $50K and the potential plaintiff is asking high 7 figures. Stay tuned.
- So CBS Airing ‘Kid Nation’ Doesn’t Count?
- Yes, Les, This Was A Very Very Bad Idea
- Les, Lift The $5 Million Gag Order & Let ‘Kid Nation’ Children And Parents Tell All
- Finke/LA Weekly: Moonves Should Pull the Plug on Kid Nation
- No ‘Kid Nation’ Screeners For CBS Board
- Advertisers Are Rejecting CBS ‘Kid Nation’
- Les Moonves, A Mogul With No Conscience
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.