I’m told a costly full frills two hour showcase was planned in Las Vegas by the North American HD-DVD Promotion Group for this weekend timed to the giant CES technology expo that officially kicks off January 7th. That is, until today’s huge Warner Bros announcement that its titles will be produced exclusively in the Blu-ray format scuttled the HD-DVD press event. Oops. Here’s the sudden announcement:
“Notice of CES Press Conference Cancellation by North American HD DVD Promotion Group: Based on the timing of the Warner Home Video announcement today, we have decided to postpone our CES 2008 press conference scheduled for Sunday, January 6th at 8:30 p.m. in the Wynn Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are currently discussing the potential impact of this announcement with the other HD DVD partner companies and evaluating next steps. We believe the consumer continues to benefit from HD DVD’s commitment to quality and affordability — a bar that is critical for the mainstream success of any format. We’ll continue to keep you updated on new developments around HD DVD.”
- BOOST FOR BLU-RAY! Warner Bros Will Release Exclusively In That Format
- Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD: Wal-Mart Hugely Discounting Xmas HD-DVD Players
- Blu-ray/HD DVD: Which Hollywood Studio Is Accused Of ‘Big Ass, Fat, Stupid Lie’?
- Michael Bay Switches Support To HD-DVD
- Michael Bay Says To Paramount: No Blu-Ray, So No ‘Transformers’ Sequel!
- Desperation Move & Cash Grab? Or Bloodier Blu-ray/HD-DVD Format War?
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.