Bob Shaye was kicked in the nuts this week by Sam Raimi who said he’ll only direct The Hobbit if Peter Jackson produces. “If [Jackson] didn’t want to direct it, and he was producing it,” Raimi told MTV Tuesday about his two conditions, “then I would love to be considered for the project.” That certainly gives Jackson’s side an even better bargaining position with New Line as settlement talks continue. Meanwhile, Peter Jackson’s lawsuit against the studio drags on.
- The Dog Ate New Line’s Balance Sheets…
- Bob Shaye’s Mea Culpa Too Little Too Late
- It’s Official! Carlisle To New Line
- Is This Russell’s New Line Replacement?
- Another Reason Why Bob Shaye Is A Prick
- Bob Shaye Looks Like Even Bigger Idiot…
- Studios To Fight Over Unusual Peter Jackson Pic Deal (But Not New Line)
- Bombs Away: Shaye’s ‘Mimzy’ Tracking 0
- Peter Jackson Answers Lord Of The Rants
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.