So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- Christopher Plummer Crosses 'Boundaries'; Eugene Jarecki Drives 'The King' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Sicario: Day Of The Soldado’ Nabs Day-And-Date Saudi Arabia Release
- MoviePass The Morning After AMC’s $20/Month Ticket Program: $164M Bond Sale, Surge Pricing & More
- MoviePass’ Reaction To AMC’s New Ticket Sub Plan? Sour Grapes & Smack Talk
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM