In major cities around the country, Sony has quietly added lots of Thursday midnight showings of Spider-Man 3. Most of the sneaks start at 12:01 AM — so technically that’s Friday, which is the official day Spidey is released in U.S. venues. And in some major megaplexes, like Pacific’s The Grove Stadium 14 in Los Angeles, screenings will start at 12:01 AM, 12:05 AM, 12:10 AM, 12:15 AM and 12:20 AM. Obviously the studio is doing everything it can to ensure the threequel makes over $100+ mil its opening weekend May 4th-6th. (Spider-Man 1 took in $114 mil and Spider-Man 2 $88 mil). Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows for the cash, given that $300+ mil unofficial pricetag.
Sony Acting Extra-Sneaky With 'Spidey 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $183M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- Blumhouse Partners With Tang Media On Chinese Horror/Thriller Pics
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic
- ‘Gotti’ Gets Whacked With 0% Rotten Tomatoes Score: A Deeper Look
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame