My box office gurus are telling me this past weekend’s gory blockbuster 300 still has lots of momentum for this coming Friday + Saturday + Sunday. The cheapo Warner’s epic should march to 1st place for another big $37 mil, followed by Sony’s Sandra Bullock thriller Premonition with $18 mil. (Nice counter-programming.) For the weekend of March 23rd, another Warner’s pic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) is sure to debut #1 because of the obvious nostalgia factor, with Paramount’s engaging assassin thriller Shooter starring Mark Walhberg (fresh off his Oscar nod) in 2nd place and 300 dropping to 3rd. For more on the #1 movie, director Zach Snyder answers 30 questions on 300 here. And my box office report for last weekend is here.
Wkd Tracking: '300' First Again With $37 Mil; Sandra's 'Premonition' To Open #2; Turtles & Mark Wahlberg Hot For 3/23
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
'One Tree Hill' Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy 'Everyone Is Doing Great'
Latest Box Office News
- MoviePass’ Reaction To AMC’s New Ticket Sub Plan? Sour Grapes & Smack Talk
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- AMC Boss Adam Aron On Economics Of $20/Month Movie Ticket Service: “Our Program Will Be Profitable While Others Struggle To Be…
- Imax Gives Thumbs Up To AMC’s New $20/Month Subscription Program
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Flies To Best Tuesday In June With Near $27M
- Look Out MoviePass: AMC Theatres Adds $20/Month Movie Ticket Subscription Service