This week’s installment of The Bart & Fleming Podcast, Episode #4, centers on the resurgence of fact-based movies this awards season, ranging from Jackie to Mark Wahlberg’s Patriots Day, and the controversies they inevitably stir. Also discussed: The reasons why DreamWorks and Sam Mendes abruptly cancelled plans to make Voyeur’s Motel, plus the proliferation of exotic company logos adorning the fronts of most new films, reflecting the range of international backers required to get the green light. Also, comeback kids Paul Verhoeven (age 78) and Warren Beatty (age 79), and how the two veteran filmmakers got their films into production.
The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #4: Fact-Based Films Dominating Awards Season
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest Film News
- Pure Flix Picks Up ‘A Question of Faith’
- Ben Affleck, Gavin O’Connor Back For ‘The Accountant’ Sequel; Will Jon Bernthal Return?
- Why ‘Transformers’ Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; ‘Wonder Woman’ Steps On ‘Cars 3’ In 2nd-Place Fight…
- ‘The Foreigner’ Trailer: Not Your Older Brother’s Jackie Chan
- Netflix Wins Dan Gilroy Film; Jake Gyllenhaal & Rene Russo To Star
- Trio Plans Big Screen Bio Of Elvis Presley Manager Colonel Tom Parker