This week’s installment of The Bart & Fleming Podcast, Episode #4, centers on the resurgence of fact-based movies this awards season, ranging from Jackie to Mark Wahlberg’s Patriots Day, and the controversies they inevitably stir. Also discussed: The reasons why DreamWorks and Sam Mendes abruptly cancelled plans to make Voyeur’s Motel, plus the proliferation of exotic company logos adorning the fronts of most new films, reflecting the range of international backers required to get the green light. Also, comeback kids Paul Verhoeven (age 78) and Warren Beatty (age 79), and how the two veteran filmmakers got their films into production.
The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #4: Fact-Based Films Dominating Awards Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Daniel Espinoza Reteaming For ‘The Anarchists Vs. ISIS’
- ‘Wakefield’ Acquired By IFC Films For May Release
- Fox Searchlight Lands Robert Redford & Casey Affleck Starrer ‘The Old Man And The Gun’
- Producer Dylan Clark Joining Matt Reeves On ‘Batman’?
- Kristen Wiig In Negotiations To Star In ‘Where’d You Go Bernadette?’
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster