This week’s installment of The Bart & Fleming Podcast, Episode #4, centers on the resurgence of fact-based movies this awards season, ranging from Jackie to Mark Wahlberg’s Patriots Day, and the controversies they inevitably stir. Also discussed: The reasons why DreamWorks and Sam Mendes abruptly cancelled plans to make Voyeur’s Motel, plus the proliferation of exotic company logos adorning the fronts of most new films, reflecting the range of international backers required to get the green light. Also, comeback kids Paul Verhoeven (age 78) and Warren Beatty (age 79), and how the two veteran filmmakers got their films into production.
The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #4: Fact-Based Films Dominating Awards Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca