(UPDATED 7 :50 AM WITH TWEET FROM VAN SUSTEREN) Greta Van Susteren will be exiting Fox News Channel immediately, the cable news network announced today. This comes the same day as Fox News settled a sexual harassment lawsuit against its ex-CEO Roger Ailes from former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson.

No details were made available on the end of Van Susteren’s 14-year run at Fox News, but sources close to the situation say it was a “financial disagreement” – which means contract talks stalled. Van Susteren was said to be one of the FNC on-air talent who had a clause in their contact to walk if Ailes left the net – which he obviously did on July 21 as the harassment scandal grew. FNC co-presidents Jack Abernethy and Bill Shine exhibited nothing but brevity on Van Susteren’s sudden exit. “We are grateful for Greta’s many contributions over the years and wish her continued success,” was all they said Tuesday.

A big defender of Ailes before he left FNC this summer, Van Susteren did not respond to request for comment and said nothing on her Gretawire blog this morning — though she did tweet this FNC-related news earlier this morning:

Senior political analyst Brit Hume will be taking over as anchor of On The Record starting tonight and running through the election, FNC says. “As one of the best political analysts in the industry, Brit is the ideal choice to host a nightly political program while the most dynamic and captivating election in recent history unfolds,” a much more verbal Abernethy and Shine said of Hume’s move. “Having Brit at the helm of this show will enable Fox News to continue on track to have its highest-rated year ever as the network dominates the cable news landscape.”

UPDATE 7:50 AM: Greta Van Susteren offered no indication as to why she is out at FNC but the now ex-On The Record host did take to social media this morning to respond to now ex-colleagues lamenting her departure – including Fox News regular Geraldo Rivera: