EXCLUSIVE: Jaden Smith has signed with WME. This comes as he prepares to star in Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming Netflix series The Get Down, which premieres August 12. Smith will play the role of Marcus “Dizzee” Kipling, a psychedelically talented and enigmatic graffiti writer, in the new music-driven drama set in 1970’s New York City. Smith, the son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, made his starring debut in The Pursuit of Happyness and starred in The Karate Kid with Jackie Chan. He has moved into areas such as recording artist and designer and is currently the face of the Series 4 campaign for Louis Vuitton and is working on a studio album, out later this year. He will continue to be repped by Miguel Melendez at Westbrook Entertainment and attorney Jason Sloane. He had been at Paradigm.
Jaden Smith Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio