EXCLUSIVE: Jaden Smith has signed with WME. This comes as he prepares to star in Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming Netflix series The Get Down, which premieres August 12. Smith will play the role of Marcus “Dizzee” Kipling, a psychedelically talented and enigmatic graffiti writer, in the new music-driven drama set in 1970’s New York City. Smith, the son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, made his starring debut in The Pursuit of Happyness and starred in The Karate Kid with Jackie Chan. He has moved into areas such as recording artist and designer and is currently the face of the Series 4 campaign for Louis Vuitton and is working on a studio album, out later this year. He will continue to be repped by Miguel Melendez at Westbrook Entertainment and attorney Jason Sloane. He had been at Paradigm.
Jaden Smith Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”