I haven’t seen the film so I’ve no idea just how far it derivates from the original pulp novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, but the latest trailer for The Legend of Tarzan suggests it’s going to be closer to King Kong than Lord Greystoke. (Obviously, there are apes in the original stories, but the tone of this is much closer to a monster movie.) Starring Alexander Skarsgård in the title role, the film sees Tarzan returning to the jungle in which he grew up after years away, where he gets caught up in the sinister doings of corrupt and evil businessmen in the Belgian Congo. Directed by David Yates from a script by Adam Cozad and Craig Brewer, the film also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie, Djimon Hounsou, Jim Broadbent and Christoph Waltz. It swings into theaters July 1.
‘The Legend Of Tarzan’ Final Trailer: King Kong 2?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Boys': Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Latest Film News
- Online Movie Service Mubi Receives Backing From India’s Times Bridge
- Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
- Lionsgate Ripe For Takeover As Amazon, Verizon and CBS-Viacom Emerge As Potential Suitors
- MarVista Entertainment Buys Lea Thompson’s Helming Debut; CFI Releasing Acquires ‘Life And Nothing More’
- Brad Carlson Moves From Paramount To Skydance Media Overseeing Physical Production For Features
- XLrator Media Acquires Two Pics For Lifeframe Label; Comedy Dynamics Picks A Pair