I haven’t seen the film so I’ve no idea just how far it derivates from the original pulp novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, but the latest trailer for The Legend of Tarzan suggests it’s going to be closer to King Kong than Lord Greystoke. (Obviously, there are apes in the original stories, but the tone of this is much closer to a monster movie.) Starring Alexander Skarsgård in the title role, the film sees Tarzan returning to the jungle in which he grew up after years away, where he gets caught up in the sinister doings of corrupt and evil businessmen in the Belgian Congo. Directed by David Yates from a script by Adam Cozad and Craig Brewer, the film also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie, Djimon Hounsou, Jim Broadbent and Christoph Waltz. It swings into theaters July 1.
‘The Legend Of Tarzan’ Final Trailer: King Kong 2?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations