The cast of James Franco’s apocalyptic drama Future World continues to expand, as Lucy Liu, Method Man, Suki Waterhouse and Snoop Dogg have joined the pic which Franco appears in and is co-directing alongside Bruce Cheung. Set in post-apocalyptic world plagued with heat, ravaged by disease and crippled by chronic war, Future World follows the young Prince from the Oasis (one of the last known safe-havens), who embarks on a journey through the wasteland in order to find medicine for his dying mother. Armed with his faithful bodyguard and only a slim hope that this medicine actually exists, he must forge courageously on, facing danger and ultimately the Warlord of this world who has plans of his own as he takes control of a beautiful, life-like robot assassin. As Deadline exclusively reported, Milla Jovovich has also recently signed on – she’ll be playing a drug lord. Cheung and Jay Davis wrote the screenplay based on an original story by Franco, with AMBI Pictures and Dark Rabbit Productions producing. Iervolino, Monika Bacardi, Vince Jolivette and Jay Davis are producing, with AMBI Group financing in association with the Fyzz Facility and Black Sparrow, and AMBI Distribution handling global sales.
James Franco’s ‘Future World’ Beefs Up Cast As Lucy Liu, Method Man, Snoop Dogg & Suki Waterhouse Sign On
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’