The cast of James Franco’s apocalyptic drama Future World continues to expand, as Lucy Liu, Method Man, Suki Waterhouse and Snoop Dogg have joined the pic which Franco appears in and is co-directing alongside Bruce Cheung. Set in post-apocalyptic world plagued with heat, ravaged by disease and crippled by chronic war, Future World follows the young Prince from the Oasis (one of the last known safe-havens), who embarks on a journey through the wasteland in order to find medicine for his dying mother. Armed with his faithful bodyguard and only a slim hope that this medicine actually exists, he must forge courageously on, facing danger and ultimately the Warlord of this world who has plans of his own as he takes control of a beautiful, life-like robot assassin. As Deadline exclusively reported, Milla Jovovich has also recently signed on – she’ll be playing a drug lord. Cheung and Jay Davis wrote the screenplay based on an original story by Franco, with AMBI Pictures and Dark Rabbit Productions producing. Iervolino, Monika Bacardi, Vince Jolivette and Jay Davis are producing, with AMBI Group financing in association with the Fyzz Facility and Black Sparrow, and AMBI Distribution handling global sales.
James Franco’s ‘Future World’ Beefs Up Cast As Lucy Liu, Method Man, Snoop Dogg & Suki Waterhouse Sign On
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies