EXCLUSIVE: Writer-director Niki Caro has signed with UTA. Caro, whose breakthrough came on Whale Rider, is in post-production on Focus Features’ The Zookeeper’s Wife starring Jessica Chastain and Daniel Bruhl, set for a 2017 release. She also directed McFarland for Disney, starring Kevin Costner and Maria Bello. Caro followed Whale Rider with the Warner Bros film North Country, which starred Charlize Theron, Jeremy Renner and Frances McDormand. She’s a strong actor’s director, as Theron got an Oscar nom and so did Whale Rider star Keisha Castle-Hughes. Caro continues to be represented by Sophy Holodnik at Artists House and attorney Linda Lichter.
UTA signs Director Niki Caro
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney