The Death CureUPDATED, 3:50 PM: Dylan O’Brien’s injuries have turned out to be far more serious than initially reported, and production on Maze Runner: The Death Cure has been suspended indefinitely while he recovers. “The resumption of principal photography on Maze Runner: The Death Cure has been further delayed to allow Dylan O’Brien more time to fully recover from his injuries,” 20th Century Fox said in a statement. “We wish Dylan a speedy recovery and look forward to restarting production as soon as possible.”

Production originally was scheduled to resume May 9; no new date has been set and reports hold that cast and crew have now been sent home.

PREVIOUSLY, March 28: Dylan O’Brien, star of 20th Century Fox’s Maze Runner franchise, was injured on the set of Maze Runner: The Death Cure today in Vancouver, BC. Fox said he was sent to the hospital immediately but did not offer details. O’Brien apparently fell off the back of a set that was supposed to look like the back of a train and fractured either his cheekbone or orbital socket (still not clear on the details) when he fell on his face. The production has been shut down “while he recovers,” the studio says.

Dylan fan
3 months
honestly grow up
Postulare Quarantadue
3 months
Honestly, the Stiles characrter is far more popular than the Scott character. Same with the actors. Just...
Postulare Quarantadue
3 months
It all depends upon any involvement with the trigeminal nerve complex.

Fox has set a February 17, 2017, release for the latest pic in the franchise based on James Dashner’s YA series. No word yet on whether that will have to change, but Fox did put out a statement:

Dylan O’Brien was injured yesterday while filming ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ in Vancouver, Canada. He was immediately transferred to a local hospital for observation and treatment. Production on the film will be shut down while he recovers. Our thoughts go out to Dylan for a full and speedy recovery.

O’Brien also stars on MTV’s series Teen Wolf, which is currently on hiatus.