EXCLUSIVE: Sophie McShera, co-winner of three Ensemble SAG awards for her portrayal of Daisy on Downton Abbey and UK favorite from Waterloo Road,has signed on for a West End revival of John Osborne’s The Entertainer set for this summer at the Garrick Theater with Kenneth Branagh starring in the title role played by Laurence Olivier in the 1957 premiere. Branagh previously directed her in Disney’s blockbuster Cinderella, in which she played one of the evil step sisters. Rob Ashford will direct the play, slated to run August 20 through November 12. Currently seen in the recurring role of Gwynne on ABC’s Galavant, McShera is repped by Don Buchwald and Associates, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Curtis Brown in the UK.
‘Downton Abbey’s Sophie McShera Joins Kenneth Branagh For ‘The Entertainer’
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest International News
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- Red Granite Co-President Christian Mercuri Launching Capstone Group Ahead Of Cannes
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Blasts Off With $6.6M On Day 1 At International Box Office
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes
- Paul Verhoeven Sets Next: ‘Blessed Virgin’ To Star ‘Elle’s Virginie Efira As Lesbian Nun