EXCLUSIVE: Sophie McShera, co-winner of three Ensemble SAG awards for her portrayal of Daisy on Downton Abbey and UK favorite from Waterloo Road,has signed on for a West End revival of John Osborne’s The Entertainer set for this summer at the Garrick Theater with Kenneth Branagh starring in the title role played by Laurence Olivier in the 1957 premiere. Branagh previously directed her in Disney’s blockbuster Cinderella, in which she played one of the evil step sisters. Rob Ashford will direct the play, slated to run August 20 through November 12. Currently seen in the recurring role of Gwynne on ABC’s Galavant, McShera is repped by Don Buchwald and Associates, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Curtis Brown in the UK.
‘Downton Abbey’s Sophie McShera Joins Kenneth Branagh For ‘The Entertainer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest International News
- A Chinese Impresario With Hollywood Roots Sets Her Sights On Broadway
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network