EXCLUSIVE: Sophie McShera, co-winner of three Ensemble SAG awards for her portrayal of Daisy on Downton Abbey and UK favorite from Waterloo Road,has signed on for a West End revival of John Osborne’s The Entertainer set for this summer at the Garrick Theater with Kenneth Branagh starring in the title role played by Laurence Olivier in the 1957 premiere. Branagh previously directed her in Disney’s blockbuster Cinderella, in which she played one of the evil step sisters. Rob Ashford will direct the play, slated to run August 20 through November 12. Currently seen in the recurring role of Gwynne on ABC’s Galavant, McShera is repped by Don Buchwald and Associates, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Curtis Brown in the UK.
‘Downton Abbey’s Sophie McShera Joins Kenneth Branagh For ‘The Entertainer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence: Who's Next?
Latest International News
- Three Questions: A Conversation With This Year’s Best Foreign Language Film Nominees
- Ed Sheeran Teases His Next Movie – Berlin
- StudioCanal Launching French TV Production Unit
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $170M+ In Second Global Weekend
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’…
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’