EXCLUSIVE: Sophie McShera, co-winner of three Ensemble SAG awards for her portrayal of Daisy on Downton Abbey and UK favorite from Waterloo Road,has signed on for a West End revival of John Osborne’s The Entertainer set for this summer at the Garrick Theater with Kenneth Branagh starring in the title role played by Laurence Olivier in the 1957 premiere. Branagh previously directed her in Disney’s blockbuster Cinderella, in which she played one of the evil step sisters. Rob Ashford will direct the play, slated to run August 20 through November 12. Currently seen in the recurring role of Gwynne on ABC’s Galavant, McShera is repped by Don Buchwald and Associates, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Curtis Brown in the UK.
‘Downton Abbey’s Sophie McShera Joins Kenneth Branagh For ‘The Entertainer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest International News
- ‘Man’s Search For Meaning’ Holocaust Memoir In Works As Movie
- ‘Independence Day Resurgence’ Lands With $100M Overseas Start; ‘Dory’ Nears $400M WW – Intl Box…
- ‘20,000 Leagues Under The Sea’ Competing Project Surfaces With Chinese Backing
- Kansas City Royals’ Korean Superfan Getting Movie Treatment
- Brexit: Has ITV Become A Serious Takeover Target For U.S. Buyers?
- Vanessa Redgrave Joins Cast Of ‘Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool’