EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Miles Joris-Peyrafitte, who at 23 became one of the youngest filmmakers ever to be in competition at the Sundance Film Festival with his first feature film As You Are. Joris-Peyrafitte directed, co-wrote, acted in and co-scored the film which won the Special Jury Award of this year’s festival. He was widely courted and WME got Joris-Peyrafitte, who studied under Kelly Reichardt and So Yong Kim at Bard College. He’s also repped by Grandview. Joris-Peytafitte is writing his next film, which he’ll direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but he’ll reunite with Automatik’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Votiv’s Brent Stiefel, who both produced As You Are.
WME Signs Sundance ‘As You Are’ Helmer Miles Joris-Peyrafitte
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Truth Entertainment Finds Next Project In ‘Team Joy’
- William Hurt To Star Opposite Helen Hunt In ‘Live Like Line’
- WME Signs ‘Alien: Covenant’s Carmen Ejogo
- Nate Parker To Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award For ‘Birth Of A Nation’
- Danny Trejo Looking For Some ‘Social Security’ Funding For New Pic With Craig Moss
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Trailer: Who’s Your Daddy?