EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Miles Joris-Peyrafitte, who at 23 became one of the youngest filmmakers ever to be in competition at the Sundance Film Festival with his first feature film As You Are. Joris-Peyrafitte directed, co-wrote, acted in and co-scored the film which won the Special Jury Award of this year’s festival. He was widely courted and WME got Joris-Peyrafitte, who studied under Kelly Reichardt and So Yong Kim at Bard College. He’s also repped by Grandview. Joris-Peytafitte is writing his next film, which he’ll direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but he’ll reunite with Automatik’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Votiv’s Brent Stiefel, who both produced As You Are.
WME Signs Sundance ‘As You Are’ Helmer Miles Joris-Peyrafitte
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations