A movie about the work of a book editor seems on paper as promising as a movie about the drudgery of investigative reporting — until a Spotlight or an All The President’s Men comes along to challenge our preconceptions. Here’s the trailer from Genius, which stars Colin Firth as legendary literary editor Max Perkins and Jude Law as his most challenging author, Thomas Wolfe, with guest appearances by Ernest Hemingway (Dominic West) and F. Scott Fitzgerald (Guy Pearce), two more writers who owed their careers to Perkins. The cast also includes Nicole Kidman as costume designer Aline Bernstein, Wolfe’s married lover, and Laura Linney as Perkins’ wife Louise. The director is Michael Grandage, currently represented on Broadway with the revival of Eugene O’Neill’s Hughie, starring Forest Whitaker. John Logan (Gladiator, Skyfall) wrote the screenplay, based on A. Scott Berg’s Max Perkins: Editor of Genius. Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions plan to release the film June 10.
‘Genius’ Trailer: Colin Firth As Editor Max Perkins And Jude Law As Writer Thomas Wolfe
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Robert Redford Slams Harvey Weinstein, Declares Hollywood "Tipping Point" During Sundance Opening Presser
Latest Film News
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility
- A New Day For Sundance Ride-Share Post-Uber Helicopter Fiasco As Lyft Pulls In
- Netflix Seals Deal For ‘Sierra Burgess Is A Loser’
- Stephany Folsom Tapped To Script ‘Toy Story 4’