A movie about the work of a book editor seems on paper as promising as a movie about the drudgery of investigative reporting — until a Spotlight or an All The President’s Men comes along to challenge our preconceptions. Here’s the trailer from Genius, which stars Colin Firth as legendary literary editor Max Perkins and Jude Law as his most challenging author, Thomas Wolfe, with guest appearances by Ernest Hemingway (Dominic West) and F. Scott Fitzgerald (Guy Pearce), two more writers who owed their careers to Perkins. The cast also includes Nicole Kidman as costume designer Aline Bernstein, Wolfe’s married lover, and Laura Linney as Perkins’ wife Louise. The director is Michael Grandage, currently represented on Broadway with the revival of Eugene O’Neill’s Hughie, starring Forest Whitaker. John Logan (Gladiator, Skyfall) wrote the screenplay, based on A. Scott Berg’s Max Perkins: Editor of Genius. Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions plan to release the film June 10.
‘Genius’ Trailer: Colin Firth As Editor Max Perkins And Jude Law As Writer Thomas Wolfe
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Review: Odd-Couple Pairing Of Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L. Jackson Leads To Violent…
- Jessie T. Usher Tapped As Son Of Shaft; Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree Reprise
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Arrives With Awards Hopes; ‘Patti Cake$’ Bows – Specialty B.O. Preview