A movie about the work of a book editor seems on paper as promising as a movie about the drudgery of investigative reporting — until a Spotlight or an All The President’s Men comes along to challenge our preconceptions. Here’s the trailer from Genius, which stars Colin Firth as legendary literary editor Max Perkins and Jude Law as his most challenging author, Thomas Wolfe, with guest appearances by Ernest Hemingway (Dominic West) and F. Scott Fitzgerald (Guy Pearce), two more writers who owed their careers to Perkins. The cast also includes Nicole Kidman as costume designer Aline Bernstein, Wolfe’s married lover, and Laura Linney as Perkins’ wife Louise. The director is Michael Grandage, currently represented on Broadway with the revival of Eugene O’Neill’s Hughie, starring Forest Whitaker. John Logan (Gladiator, Skyfall) wrote the screenplay, based on A. Scott Berg’s Max Perkins: Editor of Genius. Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions plan to release the film June 10.
‘Genius’ Trailer: Colin Firth As Editor Max Perkins And Jude Law As Writer Thomas Wolfe
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
Latest Film News
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter
- Sinqua Walls Cast In ‘Otherhood’; Madelyn Cline Boards ‘Once Upon A Time In Staten Island’