The writing wasn’t always up to the talents of physical comedian Melissa McCarthy, hosting last night’s SNL, but there were still enough laughs to keep the show’s motor, well, purring. A recurring Kate McKinnon bit, coming near the end, paired her with McCarthy as Barbara and Tabitha, spokesladies for the Whiskers R We Annual Valentines’s Day Cat Giveaway. The featured felines were given increasingly loopy back stories (“We call him O.J. because he’s orange like the juice,” McKinnon’s Barbara said, “and a murderer like the athlete”) as the two women grew increasingly frisky themselves. The expression that spreads like some kind of joy across McKinnon’s face as McCarthy gropes her is pretty priceless.
Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Video News
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The…
- Abramorama Acquires ‘Hare Krishna!’ Documentary & Releases Trailer
- ‘Cars 3′ Trailer: Ol’ 95 Is Getting Rusty As A Record-Setting New Rival Emerges
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’