The writing wasn’t always up to the talents of physical comedian Melissa McCarthy, hosting last night’s SNL, but there were still enough laughs to keep the show’s motor, well, purring. A recurring Kate McKinnon bit, coming near the end, paired her with McCarthy as Barbara and Tabitha, spokesladies for the Whiskers R We Annual Valentines’s Day Cat Giveaway. The featured felines were given increasingly loopy back stories (“We call him O.J. because he’s orange like the juice,” McKinnon’s Barbara said, “and a murderer like the athlete”) as the two women grew increasingly frisky themselves. The expression that spreads like some kind of joy across McKinnon’s face as McCarthy gropes her is pretty priceless.
Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Video News
- ‘Lucifer’: Sneak Peek At Canceled Fox Series’ 2 Bonus Episodes Airing Monday
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘Christopher Robin’ Trailer: Pooh, Tigger & The Milne Menagerie Get Their Close-Ups
- ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With Adam Levine, James Corden And … Johnny Law?
- Rose McGowan Mocks Harvey Weinstein’s “Old Man Perp Walk” Into Court: “We Already Know What He’s Planning”…