The writing wasn’t always up to the talents of physical comedian Melissa McCarthy, hosting last night’s SNL, but there were still enough laughs to keep the show’s motor, well, purring. A recurring Kate McKinnon bit, coming near the end, paired her with McCarthy as Barbara and Tabitha, spokesladies for the Whiskers R We Annual Valentines’s Day Cat Giveaway. The featured felines were given increasingly loopy back stories (“We call him O.J. because he’s orange like the juice,” McKinnon’s Barbara said, “and a murderer like the athlete”) as the two women grew increasingly frisky themselves. The expression that spreads like some kind of joy across McKinnon’s face as McCarthy gropes her is pretty priceless.
Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
Latest Video News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- ‘The Boss Baby’ Review: Alec Baldwin Is Newborn On A Mission In Funny & Frenetic Toon
- Josh Earnest Named NBC News Analyst, Says Obama Would Take Trump Call Despite Wiretap Claim
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire
- ‘Inside the FBI: New York’: First Promo & Premiere Date For Dick Wolf’s USA Network Docuseries