This week’s Oscar Prediction Smackdown between Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil and me finds us both exasperated after the DGA awards failed to give us any real definite clues as to what film will ultimately emerge as this year’s Best Picture winner. But nevertheless we explore every possibility and find every clue in the entire history of the Academy Awards to justify our conclusions. As ballots are about to go out beginning tomorrow it is definitely crunch time, but we remain in search of answers in a wide open year that presents only questions at this point. Check out the video by clicking on the link above.
Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Awards News
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Creators On Bringing Switzerland’s Oscar Entry To Life
- Emily Blunt On ‘The Girl On The Train’ And The Anesthetizing Effect Of Comic Book Cinema – Q&A
- Amy Adams On The Awards-Season Arrival Of ‘Arrival’ – The Contenders Video
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars