Paramount and Bad Robot’s Julius Onah feature God Particle will be opening on February 24, 2017. Log line reads as follows: In the near future, a team of astronauts on a space station make a terrifying discovery that challenges all they know about the fabric of reality, as they desperately fight for their survival. That’s the weekend after Presidents’ Day next year, and right now God Particle is the only title on that date. Opening in the previous corridor is 20th Century Fox’s Maze Runner: The Death Cure and Sony’s Bad Boys 3. Paramount acquired Oren Uziel’s script back in June 2012. Star Trek Beyond scribe Doug Jung came aboard to re-write God Particle last November. The feature was always positioned to be a microbudget movie.
Paramount-Bad Robot Space Station Feature ‘God Particle’ Sets Launch Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best
- ‘Pets’ Collars $674M WW; ‘Suicide Squad’ Necks $575M Through Sunday – Intl B.O. Final
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Looks To Hook Moviegoers Heading Into Labor Day; Changes Up Release Pattern
- The Perils Of Remakes Like ‘Ben-Hur’ As Moviegoers Continue To Worship ‘Suicide Squad’ – Monday Final…
- ‘Finding Neverland’ Ascends To Heaviside Layer; ‘Wicked’ Off $204K – Broadway B.O.
- Natalie Portman's 'A Tale Of Love And Darkness' Solid in Debut, 'Hell Or High Water' Sizzles In Expansion – Specialty B.O.