EXCLUSIVE: After launching the Taron Egerton-Hugh Jackman-starrer Eddie The Eagle with a sneak Sundance screening, 2oth Century Fox is going all in with a spot to play during Super Bowl 50. Even though The Eagle sometimes crashed after he soared, Fox marketing president Marc Weinstock said the film’s subject personifies themes that are completely relevant to Sunday’s gridiron match. “Eddie The Eagle is the underdog movie that has moved everyone who’s seen it with its story of perseverance, passion, drive and never giving up on your dreams,” Weinstock said. “We were confident that it would strike a chord with these particular athletes, who were all underdogs themselves at one point. Perhaps because of their own personal stories and how many people they’ve inspired, they responded incredibly well to the movie and are the perfect champions for it.” The Dexter Fletcher-directed film bows Feb. 26. Here’s an exclusive first look at Sunday’s Super Bowl spot, and if you look hard you might recognize NFL QBs Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner.
‘Eddie The Eagle’ Flies In Super Bowl 50 Spot: Exclusive First Look
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Josh Earnest Named NBC News Analyst, Says Obama Would Take Trump Call Despite Wiretap Claim
- ‘Private Eyes’: ION TV Acquires Drama Series Starring Jason Priestley
- Tomi Lahren ‘Banned Permanently’ From TheBlaze: Report
- Access Ent Takes Bite Of Bad Wolf; Tom Pullen Joins Dragonfly – Global Briefs
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'