Many filmmakers with films in the Oscar hunt have shut it down to celebrate the holidays. Not Quentin Tarantino. The Hateful Eight helmer has so far visited showings of his movie in Hollywood, Portland and Austin, heading into the weekend. For the latter, Tarantino showed the film, and then did a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez at the Draft House. Tarantino and Rodriguez are long time buddies who’ve teamed on projects including From Dusk Till Dawn and Grindhouse. They turned the bloodsucker tale From Dusk Till Dawn into a beachhead series project for Rodriguez’s El Rey network launch. Tarantino surprised fans at all of the showings, and introduced the movie, staying to greet the crowd and sign programs as the film rolled out into wide release.
Quentin Tarantino Spends New Year’s With ‘Hateful Eight’ Moviegoers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Academy Directors Branch Was Most Aggressive On Diversity: Here’s How
- ‘Riverdale’ Star KJ Apa Joins Boston Marathon Pic ‘Altar Rock’
- #BoycottCinemark Erupts After Exhibitor Asks Aurora Victims To Pay $700K In Legal Fees
- Stuart Nisbet Dies: Extremely Prolific Character Actor Was 82
- Peter Bart: Conglomeration Is Snuffing Out Courage In Hollywood
- Want To Get An Option Deal With Ridley Scott’s Scott Free? Here’s Your Chance