Many filmmakers with films in the Oscar hunt have shut it down to celebrate the holidays. Not Quentin Tarantino. The Hateful Eight helmer has so far visited showings of his movie in Hollywood, Portland and Austin, heading into the weekend. For the latter, Tarantino showed the film, and then did a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez at the Draft House. Tarantino and Rodriguez are long time buddies who’ve teamed on projects including From Dusk Till Dawn and Grindhouse. They turned the bloodsucker tale From Dusk Till Dawn into a beachhead series project for Rodriguez’s El Rey network launch. Tarantino surprised fans at all of the showings, and introduced the movie, staying to greet the crowd and sign programs as the film rolled out into wide release.
Quentin Tarantino Spends New Year’s With ‘Hateful Eight’ Moviegoers
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts