Many filmmakers with films in the Oscar hunt have shut it down to celebrate the holidays. Not Quentin Tarantino. The Hateful Eight helmer has so far visited showings of his movie in Hollywood, Portland and Austin, heading into the weekend. For the latter, Tarantino showed the film, and then did a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez at the Draft House. Tarantino and Rodriguez are long time buddies who’ve teamed on projects including From Dusk Till Dawn and Grindhouse. They turned the bloodsucker tale From Dusk Till Dawn into a beachhead series project for Rodriguez’s El Rey network launch. Tarantino surprised fans at all of the showings, and introduced the movie, staying to greet the crowd and sign programs as the film rolled out into wide release.
Quentin Tarantino Spends New Year’s With ‘Hateful Eight’ Moviegoers
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Paramount Sets ‘Inconvenient Truth’ Sequel To Open Sundance Film Festival
- Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney’s ‘Rogue One’ On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening…
- Terry George’s ‘The Promise’ Lands At Open Road, Gets April Release Date
- Peter Bart: Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Taking Aim At Hollywood
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Gets Louder With $17M+, Though ‘Moana’ Still Has Leading Luau; ‘La La Land’ Huge…