Many filmmakers with films in the Oscar hunt have shut it down to celebrate the holidays. Not Quentin Tarantino. The Hateful Eight helmer has so far visited showings of his movie in Hollywood, Portland and Austin, heading into the weekend. For the latter, Tarantino showed the film, and then did a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez at the Draft House. Tarantino and Rodriguez are long time buddies who’ve teamed on projects including From Dusk Till Dawn and Grindhouse. They turned the bloodsucker tale From Dusk Till Dawn into a beachhead series project for Rodriguez’s El Rey network launch. Tarantino surprised fans at all of the showings, and introduced the movie, staying to greet the crowd and sign programs as the film rolled out into wide release.
Quentin Tarantino Spends New Year’s With ‘Hateful Eight’ Moviegoers
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spiderman’ Interview…
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…