Many filmmakers with films in the Oscar hunt have shut it down to celebrate the holidays. Not Quentin Tarantino. The Hateful Eight helmer has so far visited showings of his movie in Hollywood, Portland and Austin, heading into the weekend. For the latter, Tarantino showed the film, and then did a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez at the Draft House. Tarantino and Rodriguez are long time buddies who’ve teamed on projects including From Dusk Till Dawn and Grindhouse. They turned the bloodsucker tale From Dusk Till Dawn into a beachhead series project for Rodriguez’s El Rey network launch. Tarantino surprised fans at all of the showings, and introduced the movie, staying to greet the crowd and sign programs as the film rolled out into wide release.
Quentin Tarantino Spends New Year’s With ‘Hateful Eight’ Moviegoers
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
'Homeland': Claire Danes Confirms Series Will End With Season 8, New Pregnancy Not Expected To Impact Production
Latest Film News
- Cannes Adds Special Screening, Cornerstone Boards ‘Judy And Punch’, Salon Spy Doc, ‘Goes To…’ Lineup…
- ‘Untogether’ Tribeca Clip: Is Jamie Dornan A Horrible Person?
- Courtney Braun Named Head Legal Affairs Exec At Endeavor
- Brad William Henke, Karl Glusman Cast In Babak Anvari's Untitled Drama For Annapurna
- Toronto Film Festival Ups Cameron Bailey To Co-Head
- Shares In MoviePass Parent Company Plunge 40% After New Stock Issue