Firing on all cylinders, Saturday Night Live captured the Oscars’ diversity fiasco with a fast and furious parody of the all-white acting nominations last night in one of the season’s most outstanding satirical sketches. Hosting the “Screen Guild Awards,” Cecily Strong announced the nominees for best actor. Taran Killam, Pete Davidson, Beck Bennett, Bobby Moynihan and Jon Rudnitsky were shown in clips of black-themed films that revealed the white actors in increasingly diminutive cameos. To drive the point home, the camera then panned to the grinning nominees surrounded by their none-too-amused “co-stars.” In less then a couple of minutes, the sketch summed up #oscarssowhite and showed a broad audience just how it looks and feels to be minimized out of existence. The faux-film clips were masterly, too. That’s a big bravo to SNL.
Oscars Smackdown On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Slaps All-White Nominees
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon's Wings? - International Box Office
Latest Video News
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Lucifer’: Sneak Peek At Canceled Fox Series’ 2 Bonus Episodes Airing Monday
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘Christopher Robin’ Trailer: Pooh, Tigger & The Milne Menagerie Get Their Close-Ups