How are the Oscars like New Year’s Eve? This year’s Academy Awards host Chris Rock offers his observation in this 15-second spot posted, appropriately enough, on the final day of 2015 and somehow largely overlooked and unremarked until today. If there’s one thing that really takes off once the calendar has clicked over to the New Year, it’s Awards Season. Sure, it has already been under way for weeks, well months actually if we’re honest. But Oscar nominations balloting is under way and continues until 5PM January 8. The nominations will be announced January 14 and the awards will be handed out February 28 live on ABC. Now, back to that commercial.
Chris Rock: Oscars Commercial
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest Awardsline News
- Cannes 70th Bash: “Cinema Is With Manchester” Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks “Monsters…In Post-Truth Age”…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes
- Darren Star And Cast On Blending Love, Work & A Big Lie In ‘Younger’ – The Contenders Emmys Video
- ‘American Gods’ VFX Gurus On Producing 3,000 Shots In 18 Months
- ‘Gilmore Girls’ Stars On That Ending & A Possible Season 2 – The Contenders Emmys Video