How are the Oscars like New Year’s Eve? This year’s Academy Awards host Chris Rock offers his observation in this 15-second spot posted, appropriately enough, on the final day of 2015 and somehow largely overlooked and unremarked until today. If there’s one thing that really takes off once the calendar has clicked over to the New Year, it’s Awards Season. Sure, it has already been under way for weeks, well months actually if we’re honest. But Oscar nominations balloting is under way and continues until 5PM January 8. The nominations will be announced January 14 and the awards will be handed out February 28 live on ABC. Now, back to that commercial.
Chris Rock: Oscars Commercial
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
Latest Awardsline News
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Drama Series
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Drama Series
- ADG Awards: Art Directors Guild Draws Up New Category For Animated Feature Production Design
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- Gordon Ramsay Discusses Process Of Identifying And Elevating Young Talent On 'MasterChef Junior'
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’