Taika Waititi’s Hunt for the Wilderpeople is getting laughs at Sundance, and this exclusive teaser gives a peek at the set-up. Based on Barry Crump’s book “Wild Pork and Watercress” and written/directed by Waititi, Wilderpeople features Julian Dennison as young Ricky, a defiant city kid on the run in the wild New Zealand bush with his cranky foster uncle (Sam Neill). A national manhunt ensues – seems Ricky is a “very bad egg,” as we learn from his social worker in this clip. The kid steals, vandalizes and, once, even walked really slowly across the pedestrian crossing. The comedy also stars Rachel House. Check out the clip. He doesn’t look like such a bad egg.
‘Hunt For The Wilderpeople’ Exclusive Teaser: This Kid’s A Real Bad Egg – Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Redband Trailer: Grieving Mom Frances McDormand Vs. Local Cop…
- Andrew Dice Clay In Negotiations To Join ‘A Star Is Born’ In Key Role
- Tika Sumpter Joins Casey Affleck In ‘The Old Man And The Gun’
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Brings Global Box Office To $462M Through Wednesday
- Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories Lands First Book: ‘The House On Langley Lake’
- Maika Monroe & Jeremy Allen White To Star In ‘Shotgun’ Helmed By Hannah Marks & Joey Power