Taika Waititi’s Hunt for the Wilderpeople is getting laughs at Sundance, and this exclusive teaser gives a peek at the set-up. Based on Barry Crump’s book “Wild Pork and Watercress” and written/directed by Waititi, Wilderpeople features Julian Dennison as young Ricky, a defiant city kid on the run in the wild New Zealand bush with his cranky foster uncle (Sam Neill). A national manhunt ensues – seems Ricky is a “very bad egg,” as we learn from his social worker in this clip. The kid steals, vandalizes and, once, even walked really slowly across the pedestrian crossing. The comedy also stars Rachel House. Check out the clip. He doesn’t look like such a bad egg.
‘Hunt For The Wilderpeople’ Exclusive Teaser: This Kid’s A Real Bad Egg – Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’