Taika Waititi’s Hunt for the Wilderpeople is getting laughs at Sundance, and this exclusive teaser gives a peek at the set-up. Based on Barry Crump’s book “Wild Pork and Watercress” and written/directed by Waititi, Wilderpeople features Julian Dennison as young Ricky, a defiant city kid on the run in the wild New Zealand bush with his cranky foster uncle (Sam Neill). A national manhunt ensues – seems Ricky is a “very bad egg,” as we learn from his social worker in this clip. The kid steals, vandalizes and, once, even walked really slowly across the pedestrian crossing. The comedy also stars Rachel House. Check out the clip. He doesn’t look like such a bad egg.
‘Hunt For The Wilderpeople’ Exclusive Teaser: This Kid’s A Real Bad Egg – Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’