Taika Waititi’s Hunt for the Wilderpeople is getting laughs at Sundance, and this exclusive teaser gives a peek at the set-up. Based on Barry Crump’s book “Wild Pork and Watercress” and written/directed by Waititi, Wilderpeople features Julian Dennison as young Ricky, a defiant city kid on the run in the wild New Zealand bush with his cranky foster uncle (Sam Neill). A national manhunt ensues – seems Ricky is a “very bad egg,” as we learn from his social worker in this clip. The kid steals, vandalizes and, once, even walked really slowly across the pedestrian crossing. The comedy also stars Rachel House. Check out the clip. He doesn’t look like such a bad egg.
‘Hunt For The Wilderpeople’ Exclusive Teaser: This Kid’s A Real Bad Egg – Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes
- Paul Verhoeven Sets Next: ‘Blessed Virgin’ To Star ‘Elle’s Virginie Efira As Lesbian Nun
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update