Taika Waititi’s Hunt for the Wilderpeople is getting laughs at Sundance, and this exclusive teaser gives a peek at the set-up. Based on Barry Crump’s book “Wild Pork and Watercress” and written/directed by Waititi, Wilderpeople features Julian Dennison as young Ricky, a defiant city kid on the run in the wild New Zealand bush with his cranky foster uncle (Sam Neill). A national manhunt ensues – seems Ricky is a “very bad egg,” as we learn from his social worker in this clip. The kid steals, vandalizes and, once, even walked really slowly across the pedestrian crossing. The comedy also stars Rachel House. Check out the clip. He doesn’t look like such a bad egg.
‘Hunt For The Wilderpeople’ Exclusive Teaser: This Kid’s A Real Bad Egg – Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest Film News
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Time Warner?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy
- ‘American Paradise’ Trailer: Sundance Short Is Crime Caper Preview Of Trump’s America
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Trailer Voice-Over Talent Anthony Mendez Joins Protest, Donates All Pay to ASPCA
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film