In a move that had been widely expected after the BBC said earlier this month that The Voice UK‘s next season would be its last with the broadcaster, ITV has confirmed it is the new home of the competition show. Along with a three-year deal with format owner Talpa Global for The Voice, which will run on the flagship channel in 2017, ITV has also made a three-season commitment for a spinoff show on ITV2. Further, a two-season deal is in place for The Voice Kids.

In early November, the BBC said it “wouldn’t get into a bidding war or pay inflated prices to keep the show.” The broadcaster is under pressure to cut costs and is facing a review of its charter which is up next year. It has been criticized in some circles for spending £20M to acquire The Voice in a bidding war with ITV five years ago.

The move to ITV was widely expected given it acquired Talpa Media earlier this year. While questions have been raised as to how the group will manage so many entertainment shows, ITV Director of Television Peter Fincham today appeared to put rest to the idea that any others are imminently on their way out. “ITV is the natural home of big entertainment so we are thrilled that The Voice and The Voice Kids are both joining our family alongside brilliant shows like The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, Saturday Night Takeaway and I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here.”

There are now about 65 local versions of the singing competition airing in 180 countries. The Voice Kids has almost 30 local adaptations.

Talpa founder and The Voice creator John de Mol gave props to the show’s soon-to-be erstwhile network, calling the BBC “a great partner.”