One day after three more women came forward to join the dozens who have already said that Bill Cosby sexually assaulted them, the comedian today finds himself facing possible charges from the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office. A LAPD investigation of claims that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted then-18-year old model Chloe Goins at a party at the Playboy Mansion in 2008 was formally passed over to Jackie Lacey’s office on Thursday.

“It is under review by the Sex Crimes division,” said Jane Robison of the D.A.’s office today. Not that she had much more to add on where this could go next. “We don’t talk about time, we don’t talk about deadlines.” It should be noted that all such investigations that are submitted to the D.A.’s office are reviewed, whether they are high profile or not. In general, such reviews take a month or two, depending on the depth of investigation. The D.A. declined to pursue a previous Cosby investigation from the LAPD earlier this year because the alleged assault in question there occurred 31-years ago.

Unlike the vast majority of the rape or assault incidents that Cosby’s accusers claim, which happened decades ago, the Goins incident happened comparatively recently. While the law in California gives prosecutors 10-years to pursue criminal charges in a rape case, the statue of limitations is generally around half of that on assaults such as Goins has alleged. Still, the matter could prove very worrisome to Cosby if a civil case is forthcoming or if the alleged Goins incident is allowed to be entered as evidence is another Cosby case.

Or not.

Sources with knowledge of the situation tell Deadline that the LAPD was given detailed information to show that Cosby wasn’t in LA on August 9, 2008, when the incident allegedly occurred at the Playboy Mansion. The police were told as a part of their investigation that the comedian was on the East Coast that day. This is in line with what Cosby reps have said publicly about the incident in the past.

Today’s review also comes just over a week before Cosby is set to give a deposition under oath to questions from Gloria Allred or another one of Judy Huth’s lawyers on October 9.  In her civil case, Huth claims that Cosby molested her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15 years old.

Though the statute of limitations has passed on Huth’s now-41-year-old allegations, the fact that she was a minor when the incident occurred allowed her to file the case. Huth also says that she only relatively recently realized the emotional distress the assault caused her.

Cosby also faces ongoing action in the courts from former America’s Next Top Model judge Janice Dickinson who filed a defamation case in May over an assault that allegedly occurred in 1982. Though the statue of limitations bounds any case over the assault, Dickinson says that The Cosby Show star has caused her personal and professional suffering when he “through an attorney, publicly branded her a liar” over the incident. Subsequent revelations this summer of a Cosby 2005 deposition in another case made public for the first time the actor’s admission that he did, as Dickinson and others have claimed, use sedative drugs to have sex with women.