EXCLUSIVE: Julie Darmody and Christie Smith, two senior managers at Mosaic, are peeling off to start their own business. They just announced this internally. It is a jolt to Jimmy Miller’s management/production company, but I hear there is enough history there that they are dealing with it in an amicable fashion. Darmody has been with the company 22 years, and Smith about eight years. Among the clients they rep who’ll be part of their new company are Jurassic World star Chris Pratt; the Lonely Island team of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer & Jorma Taccone; Nick Kroll; and Comedy Central host Daniel Tosh. I’m waiting for more details on the exit and the new venture and will furnish them shortly.
Mosaic Managers Julie Darmody, Christie Smith Leaving To Form New Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics – Sundance…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…