EXCLUSIVE: Julie Darmody and Christie Smith, two senior managers at Mosaic, are peeling off to start their own business. They just announced this internally. It is a jolt to Jimmy Miller’s management/production company, but I hear there is enough history there that they are dealing with it in an amicable fashion. Darmody has been with the company 22 years, and Smith about eight years. Among the clients they rep who’ll be part of their new company are Jurassic World star Chris Pratt; the Lonely Island team of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer & Jorma Taccone; Nick Kroll; and Comedy Central host Daniel Tosh. I’m waiting for more details on the exit and the new venture and will furnish them shortly.
Mosaic Managers Julie Darmody, Christie Smith Leaving To Form New Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- ‘The King’s Speech’ & ‘Wolf Hall’ Financier Hindsight Splashes On Sci-Fi Spec ‘Anima…
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…