Nicolle Wallace Exits ‘The View’ After Declining Offered Demotion

Nicolle-Wallace-janay-rice-the-view

Having put her detractors to shame recently by demonstrating a Kommanding Kardashian Knowledge, The View co-host Nicolle Wallace now has nothing more to prove on the show and has declined the producers’ offered demotion to contributor; she will instead focus her attention on covering Donald Trump’s race to the White House as a contributor for MSNBC, where she recently signed a new pact.

lisademoraescolumn__140603223319Wallace was one of the new co-hosts named for this now-ending season of The View as ABC looked to revive its rating and stabilize its talent lineup. Wallace’s exit means all of those new co-hosts brought in for this season are gone. Wallace’s name gets added to the show’s 18th Season Flotsam/Jetsam List that includes Rosie O’Donnell, who was out after a few months, and Rosie Perez, who announced her exit last month.

“Team, Our friend Nicolle Wallace is going to leave the show at the conclusion of the season,” EP Bill Wolff said in one of those memos to staff of which we’ve been hearing so much lately.

“Having worked with her for most of the last year, you know the warmth, smarts, and professionalism she has brought to the job every day. She will always be a friend of our show, and I know you join me in wishing her only the best,” he added.

Last month, producers axed Wallace as one of the show’s regular co-hosts, but offered to bring her back as one of its stable of guest contributors, who would be tapped to fill in when one of the A-listers was off shooting a new Netflix series, or whatever.
The former communications chief for George W. Bush and senior adviser for the McCain-Palin campaign, who famously was played by Sarah Paulson in HBO’s Emmy-winning Game Change, had been selected as the resident conservative on The View as part of its overhaul this season. Her hire was backed by Wolff, who came from MSNBC, where her contributions to that news network’s presidential race coverage will erase her short, unfortunate time on The View from our collective memory.
Double-digit ratings drops to The View did in Wallace and Perez. Sources who did not wish to be quoted told Deadline that producers decided Wallace was not a good fit, because she did not disagree with the other, more liberal co-hosts as stridently as had been hoped, and was not particularly well-versed on pop celebrities.

Loosely translated: Wallace was not up to speed on the Kardashians and not shrill enough to be The View’s conservative talking head. And though she came back on the show the next day after the press reported this news and demonstrated her Kommanding Kardashian Knowledge, she was nonetheless replaced in that role by new co-host Candace Cameron Bure, former Full House star, and Kirk Cameron’s sister.

Bure became the prettiest guest-host in the shop this season when she got into an on-air squabble with new co-host Raven-Symone, over an Oregon bakery’s refusal to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. Bure declared it an issue of “religious freedoms and the freedom of association” and their argument went viral or, as news division professionals prefer to describe these situations, Bure expressed “strong opinions” and created a “social media friendly moment” – right up there with the social-media-friendly-moment when The View’s Whoopi Goldberg told those who objected to her spirited defense of Bill Cosby, “It’s my opinion, and the American courts agree with me because still he has not been taken to jail or tried on anything. So back off me!” (That was, of course, before ABC News legal expert Dan Abrams explained statute of limitations to her on the show.)

And, if you are thinking The View has never seemed so real Housewives of Upper West Side as it does now under ABC News, which took over the show in late October, you are not alone.

The hiring of Wallace, when ABC Entertainment was still calling the shots, was part of a push to re-do the show, following last season’s disastrous revolving door that saw the exits of on-air talent Barbara Walters, Sherri Shepherd, Joy Behar and Jenny McCarthy.

In this most recent stab at fixing The View, in addition to whacking Wallace, Shepherd has been brought back as part of a stable of “contributors” who will fill in when Bure is off shooting her Netflix series, Fuller House, for instance. Producers tried to get Behar to sign up too, but she turned them down.

Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy

471 Comments

1. Anonymouson Aug 5, 2015 12:52 pm

The View needs to end.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:18 am

I agree?

• Aliceon Aug 12, 2015 10:10 am

Just my opinion but I think the new lineup as put an end to “The View”

• Anonymouson Aug 14, 2015 6:11 am

Watched because of the balance Nicole Wallace brought to the show. Sorry to see her go not much point in watching now!

• Anonymouson Aug 14, 2015 10:05 am

I so agree I love Nicole Wallace hate to see her go. Now that they are replacing her with Candace Burle and Sherrie Shepard I can now watch other shows and take The View off dvr. Can’t stand Sherrie and Candace too much miss perfect and kind of racist in my opinon Good by The View I will miss you Whoopie

• Tina Forsteron Aug 18, 2015 9:48 am

I didn’t know they were bringing Shepherd back? I will never watch. She was so uninteresting and Candace? OMG this will be the end of the View for sure. She needs to be on the 700 Club

• Mary Pratton Aug 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Not really

• Anonymouson Sep 3, 2015 9:14 am

Sherrie Shepard is not coming back but Joy Behar is, sorry to see Nichol Wallace leave I really liked her.

• L.E. JORDANon Sep 3, 2015 5:34 pm

OH NO!!!!!! Not Joy Behar…the biggest nasty mouth East of the Mississippi!!
            not only is she obnoxious she has the tendency to make nasty faces at anyone who is younger. This coupled with Whoopy, and the miserable Raven Symone will loose the right audience. I guess if you are miserable this is the show to watch. BYE BYE VIEW!!!!!

2. PantoMaurineon Aug 5, 2015 12:59 pm

Wallace was smart, classy, knew her stuff, and gave needed balance to that nest of lefty loons. Sorry to see her go. I’ll be going now too…

• Anonymouson Aug 5, 2015 2:46 pm

Yeah, but she was polite and not an ass like Whoopi. Whoopi’s the pack leader and all others must bow to her. Pathetic.

• Brendaon Aug 6, 2015 12:17 am

The View is a sounding stage for Whoopie to put all her views out to the public and you better hope no one else doesn’t agree.

• Roni NYOBon Aug 7, 2015 2:29 pm

Well once the facts were out she took no time backpeddling on the Bill Cosby issue lol

• Anonymouson Aug 7, 2015 11:00 pm

Oh, I so agree with you. It’s called The View, but it should be called, Whoopi’s View and You Damn Well Better Agree….not a fan of how she pushes her opinions on others.

• Connieon Aug 10, 2015 12:06 pm

I so disagree I think Whoopie is giving her “View”! And I thought her and Nicole worked very well together!

• Anonymouson Aug 12, 2015 9:28 am

i agree

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:04 am

Wow? are we angry or what

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 9:59 pm

I agree. Nicole was a breath of fresh air the show needed.
        Since Barbara left Whoopi has been a loose cannon. She gives her opinion and then tells the audience not to respond because she doesn’t care. It’s disrespectful to the viewer. And don’t even get me started on the food at the table and reading the prompter with her mouth full. Whoopi needs to go. Nicole Wallace would have been the perfect person to sit in the moderator chair –another class act like Meredith Vieira.

• Anonymouson Aug 7, 2015 11:02 pm

I agree with EVERYTHING you said! Whoopi needs to go! Get someone who can read the teleprompter and stop eating while doing so.

• Carolon Aug 26, 2015 9:22 am

I totally agree.

• morgenabend2012on Aug 7, 2015 12:35 pm

Spot on

• Kathyon Aug 6, 2015 8:26 am

What a shame to see Nicole leave the show. She is very intelligent and offers a sensible view of politics. I agree, this show should end. Candace? Are you kidding me. I’m done! This never ending rotation of host is ridiculous!!

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 11:44 am

I couldn’t agree with you more. I’m finished watching. I hope I see Nicole land on another program. I guess I’ll get my “hot topics” from The Talk starting Monday.

• anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 2:27 pm

I only tuned in regularly this past year because of Nicolle’s intellect and firm but fair views. Appreciated her humble lack of celebrity knowledge and chose to play to her strengths–politics and legal matters by offering logical explanations and arguments in a nonthreatening manner. I guess she wasn’t stupid enough, like the rest of the panel or much of a bully, like some of the panel. Will definitely be switching channels after many years of watching this show!!

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 5:31 pm

I’m a registered Democrat and enjoyed Nicole’s wisdom and class. She was fiesty in a ladylike way. I love Whoopi and miss Joy and Sherri. The View in my opinion is “going to hell in a hand basket!” Every time you get some who is good you let them go. You seriously have a problem.

• angelgrrl291on Aug 6, 2015 8:49 pm

Perfectly said.

• Nancyon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 pm

I totally agree, will stop watching after Nicolle leaves. Been watching since the beginning.

• Joan ansonon Sep 4, 2015 10:30 am

Good Bye to The View from me. Candace Cameron…really. Bring Nicole Wallace back”

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 12:34 pm

I agree 100%!!!

• carolon Aug 6, 2015 7:56 pm

Replace Nicole with Holier Than Thou Candice Cameron? Have they lost their minds? I do not like Dubya but I do like and respect Nicole. I love Whoopie and her intelligence. The others can go at anytime. Nicole and Whoopie kept me watching. My vote goes to Mario Cantone. He and Whoopie and good guests can keep it going. Bring back Nicole and Joy. Make them offers they can’t refuse.

• Jolie Mcmillianon Aug 7, 2015 5:11 am

Presenting a holier than than thou image of a conservative female, is precisely what they are going for! The media works far too hard to undermine anything that contradicts that stereotype, as Nicole does…

• Anonymouson Aug 8, 2015 2:13 am

Nicole is boring dull difty and dingy

• N Brezon Aug 8, 2015 12:28 pm

She was wonderful. If the View was going to speak about politics she had more experience than anyone on the show. One classy lady.

• CTKon Sep 4, 2015 9:26 am

You hit the nail on the head. Your typical conservative is NOT Candice Cameron’s holier than thou personality. Nicole’s personality reflects your everyday Republican. What a shame she is forced out for not presenting confrontation that management hopes will raise their ratings. I think they need to replace certain people in management. Nicole was the reason I came back to watch the show. Guess it’s back to the Today show again.

• Anonymouson Aug 10, 2015 9:37 am

I was barely hanging on watching. Whoops sounds like an old disgruntled woman. I absolutely, unequivocally, will not watch with The backwoods religious zealot on the show. I’ll be taking a little more time to enjoy MY view and peace and quiet.

• Anonymouson Aug 14, 2015 10:19 am

Oh my God your fillings are so spot on on the way I feel about Candace. I do think they lost their minds and and the same with Serrie

• Angie Bon Aug 25, 2015 5:29 pm

I agree!!!

• SharonLongon Aug 6, 2015 8:27 am

Don’t blame you, we’re leaving too

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 9:20 am

I agree whole heartedly

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:23 am

I so agree with you. The shows producers prefer confrontation rather than intelligent dialogue. I don’t necessarily agree with Nicoles political views but her delivery made me want to listen and respect our differences. I will exit the View,too.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:33 pm

Well said!

• Leeon Aug 6, 2015 4:09 pm

While I don’t agree with Nicole’s politics, I enjoyed listening to her arguments, delivered in an intelligent, calm way. I enjoyed the View from the start but stopped because of EH. Upon her departure, I tuned In again. However, will tune out upon RP and NW’s exit.

• Kamal Koinon Aug 6, 2015 8:18 pm

I really like this line-up! Love Nicolle, Rosie P and Michelle. Raven makes me cringe every now and then. What happened to Olivia Kendall?????? And I Will defend my Queen Whoopie anytime!!! Intelligent, funny as hell and not afraid to tell it as it is!! Whoopi for President!!!!

• Michelleon Aug 7, 2015 10:36 am

I agree!!! Nicole was way too classy to remain there anyway. I cringe for Raven from the moment she steps on stage. LOVED her in that’s so Raven and the cheetah girls…she was so funny and her facial expressions were amazing and had me cracking up!!! However, they just don’t seem to fit in when she’s sitting at a table and trying to discuss very important things. I love Michelle too! She’ll probably be the next want to go, unfortunately… I have always loved Whoopie! Miss Rosie, she was a tiny ball of fire and loved her opinions she was talented and classy…

• Anonymouson Aug 25, 2015 1:10 pm

I will miss Nicole. She is bright, cheery and has a lot to contribute. Candace is very racist and to put her with Raven is a mistake.

• angelgrrl291on Aug 6, 2015 8:51 pm

Exactly. Why are they being so clueless? No wonder their ratings continue to plummet.

• Grace depoloon Aug 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Their ratings went down the tubes when Joy left and then Barbara and the WORST move was to bring on Jenny McCarthy. After many years of watching, when Joy left, so did I. She brought much needed humor.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:45 am

Bad enough letting Nicole go but considering bringing Sherri Shepherd back????? Bye Bye View.

• Anonymouson Aug 14, 2015 10:28 am

I so agree Sherrie and Candace uggh! ABC must need an excuse to cancel The View by this new line up

• Joan Faulkneron Aug 26, 2015 11:39 am

The way Sherrie has bad mouthed the program, I am surprised they wanted the woman with no facts to back her opinion back on the show.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 11:16 am

I agree with you PantoMaurine. Sorry to see her go. I will be going too..

• Anonymouson Aug 7, 2015 8:31 am

Just because you may disagree with them politically does not mean that they are lunatics.

• Sharonon Aug 7, 2015 10:16 am

I agree with comment regarding Nicole Wallace – class act. What is wrong with ABC. Wallace gone, so am I.

• Anonymouson Aug 12, 2015 10:38 am

Loved Nicolle I am a gay Demo who though she a smart POV.but Raven is as smart as a rock and Whoopi took 50 women to think there was something wrong with Cosby. Ms Walters retire this show I miss Rosie and will never watch it again

• James Millandon Aug 7, 2015 7:47 pm

If she’s anything like the way she was portrayed in the Palin/McCain movie, she’s a good woman but she’s not shallow enough for a show that only interested in pushing buttons and talking about nobodies who think they’re celebrities. Wallace is better off leaving this armpit of a show.

• Anonymouson Aug 12, 2015 9:27 am

i agree

• Anonymouson Aug 12, 2015 9:29 am

i agrre

3. Anonymouson Aug 5, 2015 1:21 pm

“Having put her detractors to shame recently by demonstrating a Kommanding Kardashian Knowledge”?

Jesus! Think about that statement for a moment. I weep for this country.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:14 am

I couldn’t agree more

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:24 am

I second that.

• Jinnion Aug 6, 2015 10:23 am

I am tired of the mean girls. Please, where are the people who can debate with intellect? Where is a show that promotes the true hero’s, not the celebrities and sports figures that our society idolizes.

• terry francison Aug 6, 2015 11:03 am

ditto

• Kamal Koinon Aug 6, 2015 8:19 pm

U nailed it!!!

• Anonymouson Aug 7, 2015 8:47 am

If I heard that the Kardashians were on a road trip and had a accident that wiped them all out I would be so happy for the United States.

• Sonya Capelingon Aug 7, 2015 8:43 pm

Why on earth do they give 2 hoots about the Kardashians they are a bunch of HOES anyway. Nicolle was a breath of fresh air, I can’t stand Raven she is a loud mouth bully. and by her own admission she doesn’t know that much about anything. I agree with the person who said it is disgusting to watch Whoopie talk with her mouth full. Don’t get me wrong I love whoppie but that crap is getting really old. All these women is sit and scream at each other. I have been a View fan since day 1 , but they need to stop flippin’ people like pancakes and bring Nicolle back and leave well enough alone!

4. Dawn Davenporton Aug 5, 2015 1:47 pm

Why is ABC so desperately holding on to this train wreck? They should do as they originally planned and give an additional hour to Good Morning America, give an hour back to the affiliates, or bring back a soap. The View is past its expiration.

• Luke hates Lauraon Aug 5, 2015 2:44 pm

Agreed. Bring back ‘Port Charles’!! Hahaha

5. steveon Aug 5, 2015 1:56 pm

She was the best part of the view and brought in a smart, political, family viewpoint that did not feel biased but natural. She was a breath of fresh air on the view.

• SharonLongon Aug 6, 2015 8:28 am

We agree Steve

• Paulon Aug 6, 2015 9:00 am

Exactly right.

• Wendance63on Aug 6, 2015 9:47 am

Hear, hear

• dedeon Aug 6, 2015 10:03 am

I agree

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:17 am

Agree!

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:14 pm

Agree

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:29 am

I didnt know I would grow to LOVE her on the view. I am soooo disappointed. We will miss you, Nicole. That stupid show is not good enough for you…I’m done watching…You were right on, Steve.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:15 pm

Agree

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 3:56 pm

Agreed

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:35 am

I completely agree. I wish her only the best in her new venture, and know she will be around long after “The View” is only a memory.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 11:13 am

So agree. Had them on DVR. As soon as I return home, deleting

6. the black chick...on Aug 5, 2015 2:05 pm

This is really sad. She was the reasonable, well respected conservative voice the View desperately needs. And by not offering her a good contract, they have become no better than the Faux News network they always rail against…

And this is coming from a liberal.

• SharonLongon Aug 6, 2015 8:28 am

I agree

• Jolie Mcmillianon Aug 7, 2015 5:13 am

Well said and spot on…

• Anonymouson Aug 11, 2015 11:07 am

Not a political person, bit did enjoy Nicole Wallace. Not argumentative. Not happy with Raven. Glad to hear Candace is coming. Like Michelle. You can good discussions, and maybe a little argument. But attitude does not belong. Raven has an attitude. If Sheri comes back, that will be awful. The two of them together? No way!

• Victoriaon Aug 13, 2015 10:49 am

I completely agree. I had no idea who she was when she first came on the view and when I saw her I thought oh no! Not another annoying right-winger. I know they feel the need to have at least one conservative on the panel amongst the mostly liberals in the hopes of having some spirited and intelligent political discussions and I agree. But I couldn’t take another moment of someone like the screeching Hasselbeck. She made me want to rip my ears right off my head. But, I soon came to really enjoy watching Nicole. She is a conservative who has class, is respectful, fair and states her point in an intelligent, fact full way that doesn’t make you want to throttle ever Republican you meet. If there were more Republicans like her they may actually get somewhere. I think it’s a big mistake to let someone like her go.

• Anonymouson Aug 14, 2015 10:36 am

Could not agree more on every point especially on that Hasselback girl Could not stand her

7. anonymouson Aug 5, 2015 2:10 pm

Her last day will be my last of watching the view.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:15 am

Me too

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:16 am

Me too to

• Sandraon Aug 6, 2015 8:48 am

Nicolle Wallace was one of the reasons I continue to watch. Was going to give up on the show when they added Raven. She offers no redeeming qualities. Guess my days of watching are numbered depending on who replaces her. Please not Sherri Shepherd. It needs someone educated and politically knowledgeable.

• Susi Walkeron Aug 7, 2015 12:11 pm

I can’t believe the ABC executives offered Nicole a demotion. Her smart succinct opinions are exactly what The View sorely needs for this quickly-declining, soon-to-be irrelevant show. Other than Whoopie who has interesting opinions, the other contributors are truly awful..the show becomes silly noise. I’ve watched this show from the beginning. I’m done. Happy though for Nicole and her new job. She’s terrific.

• Dayle Henshelon Aug 11, 2015 12:51 pm

I was so sad and frustrated when I heard that Nicolle was being let go. I was surprised that I (forever Democrat) grew to like her so much – recently she was why I looked forward to watching the show. I will miss her giggle and refreshing naturalness and sense of lightness, her considered and well conveyed opinions and explanations, her gravitas when required. I love Whoopi, but she is not enough to keep me watching – and I’ve been a fan and viewer since day one. It hasn’t been the same since Meredith left, and a lot of the fun left when Joy did. Now the show has become a shell, with pointless conversations among mostly uneducated or (proudly) ill-informed people. Not even worth DVRing for the hot topics segments. I will look for Nicolle on MSNBC, and elsewhere. She deserved/deserves better.

• dedeon Aug 6, 2015 10:04 am

Me too.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:16 pm

Yep, mine too!!!

• angelgrrl291on Aug 6, 2015 8:54 pm

Same here.

8. cindy ollenburgeron Aug 5, 2015 2:11 pm

I can’t believe the View has come to this! All young know nothing but pop culture. Nicole is a huge loss. I can understand what you are trying to achieve. I will become a viewer of the Talk now. I have nothing in common with these people. Other than Whoopi. See ya.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:36 am

I’ve been lamenting the loss of Joy Behar and now I have to do same with Nicole Wallace and Rosie Perez! I’m a Liberal and was thrilled with Nicole’s reasonable perspective.
      I may not agree, but I was able too listen without feeling I was being assaulted!
      And Rosie is just a delight with a big brain!

Even though you’re leaving Whoopie as the intelligent voice on The View, I won’t be watching! 😩

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:16 am

Could’nt agree more.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:19 pm

Can not say it any better. Time to switch channels…

• Nancyon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Spot on.

9. Anonymouson Aug 5, 2015 2:15 pm

only classy lady on the View, I will not watch it if she goes.

10. Spandexon Aug 5, 2015 2:30 pm

I really enjoyed Wallace on the show, she and Perez actually found their footing and I would have enjoyed to hear what they had to say had they been able to continue, so it’s a pity that both contracts weren’t renewed for them two. As for Wallace, she provided a fresh perspective outside from Hollywood and had plenty of knowledge about politics; why would you not renew someone who worked in Communications for a presidential administration — especially during the upcoming election year? I would have preferred Wallace’s expertise and connections in this particular circumstance, I could care less about reality show trash. It seems like the show is going to be more fluffy and poppy next year.

What I think is unfortunate is the lack of fulltime stability that we’ll now see with Bure and Faris and the row of ladies that are waiting back in the contributor armory . How will they work out Bure’s availability with her commitments, isn’t she based in LA and raising her children over there — are we being told she’ll just show up fulltime during sweeps and part-time in between?

Is S.E. Cupp still available?

• Chet Manleyon Aug 8, 2015 3:58 pm

Bring Ann Coulter on to straighten them out.

11. Lukeon Aug 5, 2015 2:36 pm

Excited to see her on MSNBC.

12. Kate Moiseon Aug 5, 2015 4:02 pm

This show has become a disaster. They need to just put The View out of its misery and cancel it once and for all. The rotating co-hosts and the banality of it all is exhausting. I can’t stomach any of the people on the show any longer and if I had to stick with any of them it would be Whoopi and Nicole. She was a solid conservative (albeit sometimes shrieky) voice that at least has a smart grasp on politics based on actual REAL political experience and not just the conservative voice of basically a former child star “mom.” I’m actually one of those darn Liberal Democrats who actually welcomed Nicole’s knowledge and input. I am semi-retired and have the spare time to watch shows when I want to….and I have decided to turn the channel to something else most days during The View. (and don’t even get me started on that horrible no-talent Kelly Osbourne…please make her GO AWAY).

13. Brendaon Aug 5, 2015 5:11 pm

I can’t believe they are taking off Nicole. She was like a breath of fresh air. If anything I am glad Rosie is gone….if you’re not Cuban, she thinks you don’t exist. And the love thing between Ravon and Whoopie is too much!!! I will miss Nicole. Burr is too much goodie goodie. It’s over, might as well end it and put the View and us out of it’s misery.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:37 am

What a shame that you are upset about Rosie Perez being Cuban. A worse shame is the blindness that let you say that against all the evidence to the contrary.

• anonymouson Aug 8, 2015 2:20 pm

Rosie Perez is Puerto Rican

14. Claudiaon Aug 5, 2015 5:16 pm

As a Democrat, I found it refreshing that Nicole Wallace could give her opinion without screaming. She was kind and respectful. Candace? Please! I will no longer be watching.

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 10:20 am

Totally agree

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:21 pm

Well said…

15. Frankeeon Aug 5, 2015 5:21 pm

I don’t even know who this woman is.

• Brendaon Aug 6, 2015 12:15 am

Well Frank, if you don’t know who Nicole is, I doubt you can name any of the other panelists besides Whoopee. She gives very interesting comments about past presidents and the way the White House is ran.

16. Jeffon Aug 5, 2015 7:56 pm

It’s a shame to see her go. They should of given her a pop culture test before the hired her in the first place if that’s what they were looking for. I am very liberal and never found her offensive and I guess that’s what she is doing wrong. She’s not polarizing. I think the last few months they really found their footing although Rosie can be awkward I’ve enjoyed Michelle Collins and I thought I wouldn’t say this when she started but even Raven has grown on me. i guess they need someone on there as a student because she really knows nothing about what’s going on in the world.

17. Nonnie Capurroon Aug 5, 2015 8:20 pm

How sad to see Nicole leave the View. I’m a Democrat but happy to listen to the view of this highly intelligent and compassionate republican
    woman. Big mistake abc! You will lose a lot of viewers on both sides of the Isle.

• Nancyon Aug 6, 2015 9:19 am

Amen! Nicolle has been great for us liberals?

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:25 pm

Yes ABC bad move.

• Jenon Aug 8, 2015 8:58 pm

Bad move . I have watched the show since the beginning and with all the shake ups, Nicole Wallace actually made me enjoy watching the show again. It’s your loss and will be her gain. rock on Nicole.. I wish you all the best and the best will lie ahead for you.. I’m sure of it . Thank you for your view and educating me and giving me insight . You made me want to me more politically involved. I appreciate that.. And you! Best of luck!

18. Pennyon Aug 5, 2015 8:40 pm

something is off about her face. good riddance!

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 8:30 am

Talk about being off topic!

• Wendance63on Aug 6, 2015 9:44 am

That’s just rude

• Barbara Canifaxon Aug 6, 2015 10:27 am

Such an ignorant comment!

• SharpiePenon Aug 6, 2015 11:42 am

Shallow and rude, party of one, you table’s ready.

• LDEon Aug 6, 2015 11:44 am

She’s intelligent, well spoken, open minded and beautiful to boot. Don’t understand the rude comment, show’s someone’s (penny) intellectual inferiority.

19. Anonymouson Aug 5, 2015 11:13 pm

Nicole is intelligent and honest. Her only fault was pandering to Whoopi and getting a bit ‘gushy’ over other stars who came on the view…making her appear like a shameless groupie…especially to those who were not in her class!

20. Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 1:52 am

How unfortunate. Nicole was the only one of the additions in the last couple years that actually seemed to fit the canvas of the show.

• Clarindaon Aug 7, 2015 12:40 pm

I cried tears today. Nicolle is leaving. Nicolle Wallace and Whoopi are the View. Its over. They have killed the View. Nicolle I love you. Take care and I will miss you. I will be surfing for something new.

21. Donna Hartlesson Aug 6, 2015 3:02 am

Nicolle Wallace was not a good fit because she was too smart for the rest of,the panel. Her exit will plunge the show further into fluff and dumb land.

• Judy Biernaton Aug 6, 2015 8:20 am

You hit the nail on the head. The View has gone downhill since Barbara and Joy left it. Nicole gave an educated perspective to things. Need to give the boot to Raven. I find her look, her attitude and inane comments offensive!

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 9:09 am

Anonymous..,..Agree with Donna heartless. Nicole was the best asset. ABC making a huge mistake!!¡!! Another mistake…bringing back Sherry Sheppard!!¡!!!!like a lot of people..I think I am done with the view.

22. Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 5:43 am

Nicole Wallace offered an educated and often funny view of the world around her. I will miss her.

23. Nancyon Aug 6, 2015 5:45 am

Nicole Wallace is an educated, classy and a woman other women could relate. I am done watching “The View.”

24. anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 5:52 am

The View is about liberal Whoopi’s view. The Talk much better, never watch The View very liberal and boring.

25. Yvonne Hollowayon Aug 6, 2015 6:28 am

First of all, I love Nicole Wallace and I didn’t intend to when she first came on the show, I am definitely not a Conservative. She is lovely, intelligent and I felt was a great addition to the show. Candace Cameron Bure is fine but a little bit like cotton candy. Also, losing Rosie Perez, who I also love, and Nicole too, for me is a death knell. Love Whoopie and Raven but they will have the burden of CARRYING the show because the new ones are not up to the job! I will probably be phasing The View out of my daily schedule after this. Sorry but who ever is making these decisions needs to listen to the people.

• buggson Aug 6, 2015 8:41 am

my days of wasting an hour on this show is over too. time to bury the dead and move on. i didnt like nicole at first but came to love her even tho sometimes her oppions were lost in the louder and the new people they got suck except raven she is cool. i dont care that candace is religous just dont need her shoving her crap on pthers, bad choices and so they end with a bad show.

• judy uppinghouseon Aug 6, 2015 11:21 am

Such an insane move you have brought in some real zingers but Nicolle was a great addition. You could fire them all and leave her and whoppi the rest are just insane choices I have watched the view for years maybe not now love whoppi and nicole

• Anonymouson Aug 6, 2015 11:42 pm

Agree with you. Michelle is informed, smart and tactful. I will miss her. Might as well call it “THE LIBERAL VIEW”. NO THANKS … I’M DONE

Load More Comments