Like many of its future-looking episodes over the years, The Simpsons has proved uncannily, if scarily, prescient. In this clip from season 11’s “Bart To The Future” episode 15 years ago, Lisa Simpson — “proud to be the first straight female President” — tells an Oval Office meeting of her Cabinet that “as you know, we’ve inherited quite a budget crunch from President Trump” and goes on to list the failed programs credited to the Donald’s — and the country’s — financial demise.
Trump Presidency? Lisa Simpson Declared It Bankrupt – In 2000
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’s Samira Wiley Discusses Significant Changes & Omissions In Bruce…
- Fox News Channel Tops Donald Trump Phoenix Rally Ratings
- MacTaggart Lecture: UK’s Jon Snow Calls Out Facebook For Enabling “Fakery”, Jeopardizing Democracy…
- Timothy Hutton To Star In 'The Haunting Of Hill House' Netflix TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Hollywood Medium With Tyler Henry’ Renewed For Season 3 By E!
- Romantic Comedy From Nahnatchka Khan & Billy Finnegan Set At Fox As Put Pilot