Channing Tatum, long touted to star in the X-Men spinoff Gambit, closed his deal. Is that a story? The only qualification was that one outlet, hearing the same rumor as every other outlet, ran a big misleading headline saying Tatum would drop out of the film, though in the story got only as concrete as saying “something’s up” in his deal making. Fox business affairs is a nightmare in any deal, and the rumor was that Tatum’s deal wasn’t making easily. Nobody really thought he would really drop out. And now he hasn’t. If he had, it would have been a hard one for UTA, which not too long ago signed the director Rupert Wyatt. Wyatt was courted hard by Paramount to direct Dwayne Johnson in the film Goliath but instead hitched his wagon to fellow UTA client Tatum. The director continued scouting in New Orleans, but there would have been some red faces had Tatum actually bailed on a role he has said is a dream job for him.
Non Story Of The Weekend: Channing Tatum And ‘Gambit’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘How To Be A Latin Lovers’ Ken Marino To Next Helm ‘Dog Days’ For LD Ent.
- Adam Bergerman Upped To Exec Veep, General Sales Mgr At Sony
- For Hollywood’s Film Academy, Time To Let The Thalberg Award Shine
- Jennifer Lawrence Reads Her Movie Reviews On YouTube In Order To Stop Political Corruption (Watch)
- Pearl Jam Concert Docu ‘Let’s Play Two’ Rocks Release Date
- Dove Cameron, Luke Benward, Bex Taylor-Klaus & More Added To Comedy Film ‘Dumplin’