Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has sealed a multiyear deal with Transmission Films to distribute the company’s titles Down Under. Starting October 1, SPHE will offer Transmission’s library of films and future output to the home entertainment market in Australia — through its joint venture Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Australia Pty Limited — and in New Zealand. The company’s release slate includes Todd Haynes’ Cannes hit Carol starring Cate Blanchett; Suffragette, starring Carey Mulligan and Meryl Streep; and Martin Scorsese’s Silence, with Liam Neeson and Adam Garfield. The deal also includes titles from Transmission’s sister company See-Saw Films, including the Ian McKellen-Laura Linney pic Mr. Holmes and Macbeth, starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard.
Sony Inks Home Video Deal With Oz-Based Transmission Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest Business News
- Philip Roth Dies: Pulitzer Prize Winning ‘American Pastoral’ Author Was 85
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners
- CBS Prepares To Challenge Last-Minute Bylaw Change Ahead Of Vote To Reduce Shari Redstone’s Control
- GLAAD Panel Discusses LGBTQ Representation In Film Vs. TV; Endeavor Commits To More Inclusive Characters
- MoviePass Parent Company Stock Drops 12% To All-Time Low Of 54 Cents