Get your snow pants on. Universal has set a date for Let It Snow: Friday, December 9, 2016. Currently, it’s the only title bowing that weekend. The pic is based on a short story collection by John Green (The Fault In Our Stars), Maureen Johnson (13 Little Blue Envelopes) and Lauren Myracle (Internet Girls series). The plotline covers three unexpected romances which take place over the course of Christmas Eve. Bluegrass Films’ Scott Stuber (Ted series, Identity Thief) and Dylan Clark (Planet Of The Apes series, Oblivion) will produce the holiday title from Kay Cannon’s screenplay (Pitch Perfect series). Universal has a history for mining gold from holiday-theme pics. Of course, there’s the studio’s uber-hit, Ron Howard’s How The Grinch Stole Christmas ($345.1M), but there is also the 2003 holiday romantic pic Love Actually which only made $60M stateside, but collected a ton of greenback gifts overseas with $247M.
Universal Will ‘Let It Snow’ On December 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Box Office News
- Elle Fanning Is 'Mary Shelley'; Fashion's André Talley Lands Doc – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Rocketman’ Elton John Biopic Tunes Up For Next May; ‘Transformers 7’ Moved Off Calendar & More Paramount…
- ‘Six Billion Dollar Man’ Pushed To Summer 2020 As Pic Looks For New Director; ‘The Shining’ Sequel Finds Date; ‘Godzilla 2’…
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Roars $185M Promo Campaign, More Than Double 2015 Movie
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Nabs 2nd-Best Tuesday For R-Rated Pic; ‘Infinity War’ 2nd-Fastest To $600M