EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has set Ari Sandel to direct Preconception, a comedy about a mid-30s couple who resolve to cut loose and tick off items on a pre-parenthood bucket list before getting tied down by a baby. Donald De Line is producing. It was scripted by tyro scribes Jake Morse and Scott Wolman, who sold it as a spec. This puts CBS Films back in business with the director of The Duff. The $8 million film grossed $34 million domestic, with Lionsgate releasing. CBS Films was eager to make another movie with Sandel, who won the Oscar for his short film West Bank Story. CBS Films exec Mark Ross is shepherding the pic. Sandel is repped by WME and Principato-Young, while the scribes are repped by Kaplan/Perrone.
CBS Films Sets ‘The Duff’ Helmer Ari Sandel To Direct ‘Preconception’
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility
- A New Day For Sundance Ride-Share Post-Uber Helicopter Fiasco As Lyft Pulls In