CBS’ biggest awards show will move from its long-time Sunday night to Monday in 2016. The 58th Annual Grammy Awards will air on Monday, Feb. 15. This will be the first Monday telecast of the show, which has aired on Wednesday, Saturday, Thursday and, most recently on Sunday for a number of years. I hear the move will likely be temporary, as the 58th Grammys falls on a holiday weekend that includes President’s Day and Valentine’s Day. The feeling was that having the Grammys at the end, versus the middle, of the long holiday weekend will bring larger audiences. The most recent Grammy telecast drew 27 million viewers earlier this year. Last year, NBC also moved a big awards show, The Primetime Emmys, from Sunday to Monday because of its Saturday Night Football coverage.
CBS Shifts Grammy Awards To Monday For 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dory' Ruling Independence Day B.O. With $52M+; 'Purge: Election Year' Slaying 'Tarzan', 'BFG' With $31M+
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Legend Of Tarzan' Review: Alexander Skarsgard Swings Into Action As Movie Icon Gets Welcome New Take
Latest TV News
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Returns Steady As ‘Roadies’ Debuts Low In Live+3
- ‘Code Black’ Adds Nafessa Williams, Noah Gray-Cabey & Emily Tyra For Season 2
- ‘The Daily Show’ Bids Farewell To Jessica Williams With Highlight Reel & Hugs
- ‘Greatest Hits’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Big Brother’ Steady As ‘Spartan’ Soars
- Amazon, PBS Extend & Expand Streaming Deal For Kids Series
- LMNO Sues Its Former Accountant For Fraud & Embezzlement