CBS’ biggest awards show will move from its long-time Sunday night to Monday in 2016. The 58th Annual Grammy Awards will air on Monday, Feb. 15. This will be the first Monday telecast of the show, which has aired on Wednesday, Saturday, Thursday and, most recently on Sunday for a number of years. I hear the move will likely be temporary, as the 58th Grammys falls on a holiday weekend that includes President’s Day and Valentine’s Day. The feeling was that having the Grammys at the end, versus the middle, of the long holiday weekend will bring larger audiences. The most recent Grammy telecast drew 27 million viewers earlier this year. Last year, NBC also moved a big awards show, The Primetime Emmys, from Sunday to Monday because of its Saturday Night Football coverage.
CBS Shifts Grammy Awards To Monday For 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
'La La', Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy's Weird Oscar Nomination Announcement
Latest TV News
- White House: Donald Trump Continues To Believe 3-5 Million Votes Cast Illegally In Election He Won
- ‘The Leftovers’ Premiere Set For Third & Final Season
- Warner Bros. Centralizes Entertainment Technology Operations Under Vicky Colf
- Richard Curtis To Recieve WGA West’s Top Humanitarian Award
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT