CBS’ biggest awards show will move from its long-time Sunday night to Monday in 2016. The 58th Annual Grammy Awards will air on Monday, Feb. 15. This will be the first Monday telecast of the show, which has aired on Wednesday, Saturday, Thursday and, most recently on Sunday for a number of years. I hear the move will likely be temporary, as the 58th Grammys falls on a holiday weekend that includes President’s Day and Valentine’s Day. The feeling was that having the Grammys at the end, versus the middle, of the long holiday weekend will bring larger audiences. The most recent Grammy telecast drew 27 million viewers earlier this year. Last year, NBC also moved a big awards show, The Primetime Emmys, from Sunday to Monday because of its Saturday Night Football coverage.
CBS Shifts Grammy Awards To Monday For 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show