Lionsgate has formalized a sequel to John Wick. Keanu Reeves and David Leitch and Chad Stahelski as well as screenwriter Derek Kolstad are back. The film will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who’s also back. “With such tremendous fan and critical support for John Wick, we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” said Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions at Lionsgate. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have reteamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.” Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market. The original grossed $78.7 million worldwide last fall.
Lionsgate Selling ‘John Wick’ Sequel At Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International Box Office
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work