Lionsgate has formalized a sequel to John Wick. Keanu Reeves and David Leitch and Chad Stahelski as well as screenwriter Derek Kolstad are back. The film will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who’s also back. “With such tremendous fan and critical support for John Wick, we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” said Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions at Lionsgate. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have reteamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.” Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market. The original grossed $78.7 million worldwide last fall.
Lionsgate Selling ‘John Wick’ Sequel At Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Saudi Arabia To Invest $64 Billion In Entertainment Sector
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures
- ‘Radioactive’: Sam Riley & More Board Marie Curie Biopic Led By Rosamund Pike
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit