Lionsgate has formalized a sequel to John Wick. Keanu Reeves and David Leitch and Chad Stahelski as well as screenwriter Derek Kolstad are back. The film will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who’s also back. “With such tremendous fan and critical support for John Wick, we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” said Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions at Lionsgate. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have reteamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.” Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market. The original grossed $78.7 million worldwide last fall.
Lionsgate Selling ‘John Wick’ Sequel At Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup
- New ‘Ben-Hur’ Trailer: Now We Cut To The Chase
- Marni Nixon Dies: Hollywood’s Voice Behind The Stars Was 86