Was it just my imagination or were there more sketches and fewer videos on the season closer of Saturday Night Live last night? Yes, some were flat but still, there were more hits than misses. And I have to admit that Cecily Strong has totally grown on me and cracks me up in the recurring role of a monotone twit moll. This time she was on the arm of host Louis C.K., as a gauche, mooching couple (she’s a “singer” and he’s her “producer”) who invade the serene beach cabana where Vanessa Bayer and Kenan Thompson are trying more and more desperately to enjoy some marital birthday bliss. Maybe it’s Cecily’s genius for deadpanning in the midst of such tomfoolery (singing her “song” “Vacate,” for example — well maybe you hadda be there). Or the weird accent. Watch the clip and let us know what you think.
Cecily Strong Rocks As Sketches, Not Videos, Rule Season Finale – ‘Saturday Night Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted Disney Would Buy Fox 19 Years Ago
- People’s Choice Awards Sets Premiere Date For Inaugural Telecast On E!
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdochs On ‘New Fox’ Strategy And “The Next Great Leg Of Our Journey”
- How Disney’s Streaming Dreams And Nightmares Over Silicon Valley Invasion Drove Fox Deal
- Netflix Prepping Comedy Series From ‘Awkward’ Creator Lauren Iungerich
- Disney-Fox Deal: Rupert Murdoch Says No Loyalty To TV Networks, Only “Must See Fox News”