Was it just my imagination or were there more sketches and fewer videos on the season closer of Saturday Night Live last night? Yes, some were flat but still, there were more hits than misses. And I have to admit that Cecily Strong has totally grown on me and cracks me up in the recurring role of a monotone twit moll. This time she was on the arm of host Louis C.K., as a gauche, mooching couple (she’s a “singer” and he’s her “producer”) who invade the serene beach cabana where Vanessa Bayer and Kenan Thompson are trying more and more desperately to enjoy some marital birthday bliss. Maybe it’s Cecily’s genius for deadpanning in the midst of such tomfoolery (singing her “song” “Vacate,” for example — well maybe you hadda be there). Or the weird accent. Watch the clip and let us know what you think.
Cecily Strong Rocks As Sketches, Not Videos, Rule Season Finale – ‘Saturday Night Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe