You don’t usually get so many stars who carry pictures themselves to headline the same movie. But Paramount Pictures, New Regency and Plan B Entertainment formally set Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt to star in the Adam McKay-directed adaptation of Michael Lewis’ book The Big Short: Inside The Doomsday Machine. Melissa Leo and Marisa Tomei also star. McKay wrote the most recent draft, from script by Charles Randolph. Pic tells the story of the genius contrarian investors who, recognizing just how insane the housing bubble had become, figured out how to “short” the market prior to the financial collapse of 2008. If that sounds un-cinematic, so did Lewis’ books Moneyball and The Blind Side, and those movie adaptations worked out pretty well. Tracy Letts, Hamish Linklater, John Magaro, Byron Mann, Rafe Spall, Jeremy Strong and Finn Wittrock round out the cast. Pitt, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner are producing. They are just getting underway in New Orleans.
‘The Big Short’ Solidifies With Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller
- Nick Nolte, Matt Dillon & Emily Mortimer Join ‘Honey In The Head’ Redo
- Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
- Talent Agents’ Anti-Sexual Harassment Training Session Underway