Weeds alumna Elizabeth Perkins is set for a co-starring role opposite Dominic Cooper in AMC drama pilot Preacher, based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s cult 1990s comic. The project, from Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, Sony TV and AMC Studios, centers on Jesse Custer (Cooper), a conflicted preacher in a small Texas town who merges with a creature that has escaped from heaven and develops the ability to make anyone do anything he says. Along with his ex-girlfriend, Tulip (Ruth Negga), and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), the three embark on a journey to literally find God. Perkins plays Vyla Quinncannon, a genteel but formidable businesswoman who owns the local slaughterhouse in Annville. Ambitious, strong-willed and terrifying, Vyla shares a past with Jesse’s father which gives her a singular hold over Jesse. The cast also includes Lucy Griffiths who plays Emily, and Ian Colletti, who plays Eugene Root, aka Arseface. Perkins is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Elizabeth Perkins Joins ‘Preacher’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Legend Of Tarzan' Review: Alexander Skarsgard Swings Into Action As Movie Icon Gets Welcome New Take
Latest TV News
- ‘Code Black’ Adds Nafessa Williams, Noah Grey-Cabey & Emily Tyra For Season 2
- ‘The Daily Show’ Bids Farewell To Jessica Williams With Highlight Reel & Hugs
- ‘Greatest Hits’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Big Brother’ Steady As ‘Spartan’ Soars
- Amazon, PBS Extend & Expand Streaming Deal For Kids Series
- LMNO Sues Its Former Accountant For Fraud & Embezzlement
- Universal TV Drama Head Russell Rothberg Exits