After lengthy negotiations, Dominic Cooper has closed a deal to play the lead in AMC drama pilot Preacher, based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s cult 1990s comic. The project, from Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, Sony TV and AMC Studios, centers on Jesse Custer (Cooper), a conflicted preacher in a small Texas town who merges with a creature that has escaped from heaven and develops the ability to make anyone do anything he says. Along with his ex-girlfriend, Tulip (Ruth Negga), and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), the three embark on a journey to literally find God. The cast also includes Lucy Griffiths who plays Emily, and Ian Colletti, who plays Eugene Root, aka Arseface. Cooper is with CAA and UK Agent Alex Irwin.
Dominic Cooper Set For ‘Preacher’ Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’