EXCLUSIVE: Alessandro Nivola has just signed on for a lead role in the Nicolas Winding Refn-directed Neon Demon. He will play a fashion impresario who taps Elle Fanning as his muse. The project reunites Nivola with both Fanning and Christina Hendricks, who played his daughter and wife in the Sally Potter-directed 2012 film Ginger and Rosa. Nivola was most recently seen in the JC Chandor-directed A Most Violent Year, and in the Ava DuVernay-directed Selma. He also starred opposite Bradley Cooper in The Elephant Man, which just finished a Broadway run in February. He will rejoin Cooper and play the role of Dr. Frederick Treves in the London production of the same play. He’ll jump on a plane right after he completes Neon Demon in May. Nivola is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Alessandro Nivola Set To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn-Helmed ‘Neon Demon’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’