Jack Black is in top-notch hyper comedy form here as Dan Landsman, who after learning that one of his old high school acquaintances, Oliver Lawless (James Marsden), has hit it big in Hollywood (specifically as a beefcake in a Banana Boat TV ad spot), attempts to lure the guy to the reunion in an effort to spike attendance. Dan travels from Pittsburgh to LA and spins a web of lies to recruit Oliver, but gets more than he bargained for when the unpredictable Hollywood guy takes over Dan life’s. Kathryn Hahn, Jeffrey Tambor and Mike White co-star. Written and directed by Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel, The D Train premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival where IFC snapped up U.S. for $3M. Pic is produced by Black, White, David Bernad, Priyanka Mattoo, Ben Latham-Jones and Barnaby Thompson. Pic opens May 8.
Jack Black Takes James Marsden For A Ride On ‘The D Train’: Trailer
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Video News
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Is Worst President Ever At Lying
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Review: Alicia Vikander’s In On The Action In Far-Fetched But Fun Reboot
- Jimmy Kimmel Unveils New Melania Trump PSA On Cyberbullying