Republic Records, home to Ariana Grande, Enrique Iglesias, Florence + the Machine and others, has teamed with IM Global to co-finance and produce films. First up: Rollin’ Thunder, a Bille Woodruff-directed urban comedy about a bowling champ-turned-ex-con who wants to get back on top and mend his relationship with his teen daughter. The Atlanta-set pic will have a major musical component and starts production this summer. It’s inspired by the artist Nelly and America’s Got Talent emcee Nick Cannon. Script is written by Kenny Smith, who is repped by APA and Circle of Confusion.
IM Global & Republic Records Team On Bille Woodruff-Helmed ‘Rollin’ Thunder’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest Film News
- Working Title Boards Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid