Sources confirm to Deadline that Johnny Depp injured his hand over the weekend in Australia, where he is filming Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and is flying back to the States to undergo surgery. Details of the injury weren’t available, but a source says it didn’t happen on the set and won’t delay production of the Disney tentpole, which remains set for release on July 7, 2017. Kon-Tiki helmers Espen Sandberg and Joachim Rønning are directing the fifth film in the lucrative franchise, which is shooting entirely in Australia. TheWrap first reported the news.
Johnny Depp Injured In Australia; ‘Pirates’ Captain Headed Back To U.S. For Surgery
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More