A filmed bit on Saturday Night Live last night promoting Fox’s Empire posed the question: “Empire has already taken black America by storm. But what about white America?” The answer? A “white guy in khakis,” played by host Chris Hemsworth as the new office manager. See him tangle with Kenan Thompson’s Lucious and Leslie Jones’s Porsha on such race-sensitive subjects as signing the office birthday card and filing receipts with your expense report. Once again, Jones saves a flabby, overlong sketch with a few welcome splashes of acid. Agreed?
Leslie Jones Saves ‘SNL’s ‘Empire’ Parody With Chris Hemsworth’s “White Dude In Khakis”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Anti-Gun Rallies Take Over International Stage And Media
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49