EXCLUSIVE: New Line is making a deal to join MGM on Barbershop 3, the sequel that is coming together fast with deals being made for Ice Cube and Cedric the Entertainer to reprise their roles. The Best Man franchise director Malcolm D. Lee signed on to direct and they are making deals with Queen Latifah and Nicki Minaj among those in talks to round out the ensemble. Cube Vision is producing. MGM will run production and New Line will release the film. Bob Teitel and George Tillman Jr. of State Street Pictures are the lead producers. Script is by Kenya Barris and Tracy Oliver. The first two films were released by MGM. The original grossed $75 million domestic in 2002 and the 2004 sequel grossed $65 million domestic.
New Line Joins MGM And Will Release ‘Barbershop 3’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More