“You guys have moved into one, weird F***ing town!” says one New England local who owns the tagline at the end of the trailer for We Are Still Here from Snowfort Pictures/Dark Sky Films. The horror title, which was announced as part of SXSW’s Midnighters selection today, follows the buyers of a New England home, a domicile that takes a sacrifice every 30 years or so. They heard that the house was an old funeral parlor, but decided to move in anyway. Not to mention, the original owner use to ship the dead bodies to Boston’s Chinatown where they were ground up for Chop Suey. Norman Rockwell’s New England, this is not. We Are Still Here was produced by Travis Stevens whose Cheap Thrills and Starry Eyes played SXSW’s Midnighters sidebar in previous years. The film is directed by Ted Geoghegan and stars such genre thesps as Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, You’re Next), Lisa Marie from Tim Burton’s canon of Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow and Mars Attacks!, and a pissed-off burnt looking monster who likes to sit in the back of cars and gut pretty women while they’re driving.
This Isn’t Norman Rockwell’s New England: ‘We Are Still Here’ At SXSW – Hot Trailer
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Video News
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Laurie Metcalf On Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Lady Bird’, Returning To ‘Roseanne’ & How B’way Co-Star Glenda Jackson Is A “Monster”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA