EXCLUSIVE: Focus Features’ awards thoroughbred, The Theory Of Everything, has had a nice run this season, primarily for Eddie Redmayne’s widely acclaimed portrait of Stephen Hawking. He’s picked up a Golden Globe, a SAG award and the BAFTA lead actor honor for the role and is considered the front runner to take the Oscar too. After all, the last ten actors in a row who won that same SAG award have gone on to glory at the Academy too. But in addition to Redmayne, there are also high hopes that the music (which won a Globe) can score with Oscar. And now, after that BAFTA ceremony on Sunday, Focus is trying to turn the heat up on Anthony McCarten’s screenplay adaptation of Jane Hawking’s book. He took that prize at BAFTA and it also won for Best British Film, making it a great night for Theory. Like Birdman, Theory was not made under the auspices of the WGA and therefore is ineligible for a Writers Guild Award on Saturday. But then so was 12 Years A Slave last year in the same category and it went on to win the Oscar. Can McCarten pull it off too? Focus thinks so and has created a new featurette with emphasis on his work just to try and increase his chances. Take a look .
Can BAFTA Win For ‘Theory Of Everything’ Writer Also Translate To Oscar?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Oliver Stone Responds To Melissa Gilbert Harassment Allegations, Says It Was Clear 'The Doors' Was A "Raunchy" Movie
Latest Film News
- ZDF Enterprises Pre-emptively Purchases Thornton Brothers Pitch ‘The Incorruptibles’
- In Hollywood, Few Female Stunt Performers Are Allowed To Drive
- Ashley Hamilton To Helm ‘Gothic Harvest’; UTA Inks Jason Kohn; Comedy Dynamics Nabs Two Titles…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane
- ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Director Noah Baumbach On His Personally Rooted Penchant For New York Stories
- John Lasseter’s Leave Of Absence At Disney/Pixar Comes As Women Detail Unwanted Behavior